1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ray - brilliant film, dissapointing disc...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Family Guy, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watched Ray last night...Jamie Foxx now has my vote to take the best actor oscar for his brilliant performance. I have seen The Aviator as well, and up until last night, Di Caprio was my tip for the statue...

However, that's not why I'm here...Universal have missed a major oppurtunity here to pay tribute to one of the 20th century's musical icons. What should have been a second disc packed full of extra's about Ray Charles and how he re did all the music for the movie, documentary's on how they did it...etc...instead we get a 3 MINUTE!!! spiel telling us how great the man was, another 3 MINUTE spiel about how they stuck Jamie Foxx's eyes together, 2 "music videos" that are as they are in the film, deleted scenes and....er...that's it!!! What a wasted oppurtunity IMHO.

Now, I know the first thing that someone will say here is "wait for the oscar winners edition...but in my experience in 7 years of buying DVD's, there seems to be one company who have continully got it right the first time and never released special editions...UNIVERSAL... (unlike Columbia Tri$tar... :thumbsdow )

So...is that it? One of THEbest films I have ever seen and there's not even a decent making off... :confused:

Very poor Universal, very poor...:thumbsdown:

2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Hi Guy,

My R1 version of Ray came in today. I have yet to watch it. Its the two disc set bought from DVDSoon. The thing which struck me was the packaging is very nice, but there is no artwork whatsoever printed on the discs themselves. Just plain silver discs, both sides. The discs are not flippers. Most odd.

Are your Ray discs like this ?

Regards
    Keith Hurst

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No - mine are printed...both discs.