RAW photo thumbnails no longer showing.

snerkler

Since upgrading to Catalina last week the thumbnails of my raw photos are blank (see below), prior to this they showed a preview of the image. Any idea how to fix this?

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 13.51.09.png

PaulDavidThomas

This might or might not assist. I had a load of RAW images imported into Photo's. Quite a few didn't show any picture. So, I went to the image and used 'restore' to original, as such, remove any post-processing associated with it. Hope that's of some help. If not, well, I tried !!

snerkler

This might or might not assist. I had a load of RAW images imported into Photo's. Quite a few didn't show any picture. So, I went to the image and used 'restore' to original, as such, remove any post-processing associated with it. Hope that's of some help. If not, well, I tried !!
Thanks for trying to help. It's not that as they don't show on unedited files. It appears to be a glitch with Catalina as it shows with some files and not others. From what I can gather certain cameras have embedded jpegs in the raws which the Mac will show, but for the ones without it's not showing a preview. Why this has changed since Mac OS Mojave I don't know. When I eventually upgrade to Mac OS Monterey I'm hoping that it fixes the issue.

PaulDavidThomas

I've just gone ( like a fool ) to Monterey and does not seem to have broken anything as yet !

I did have a heap of old Aperture libraries around. Photo's will happily import them. This is where I experienced the problem you have notice. Perhaps not in Monetery.... However my first requirement tonight is beer !

PaulDavidThomas

Forgot to say, you have some nice lenses. I'm still running an old EOS D5MKII but with some L series canon lenses. The 70-200 I bought perhaps 20 years ago and it's still going strong and such a performer. The Zeiss stuff looks sooooo nice !

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom