1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ravr v3 Ringtone issue

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by edicer2, Jul 10, 2005.

1. edicer2

edicer2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had just bought a ravr v3 and i had downloaded some ringtones to my computer because if i download them on the phone i have to pay for it. But anyways whats the best program to transfer the ringtones to my phone. I do not have bluetooth but i do have a usb cable that fits it from my digital camera. I am currently using p2kman but im having a problem getting the ringtones to work with it. I can get the ringtones to go in the sounds folder and they play and stuff but when i push apply as ringtone it says it changed it but it never does. also when i go to the audio setting folder on the phone all my ringtones that came originly on the phone show up but the ones i downloaded dont show up in there at all. I was woundering if i transfered them wrong with the wrong program or am i setting it up wrong. it has to be one of those two becuase i have exchanged the phone 2 times, i have done master reset 3 times and the ringtones play in my sounds folder just fine and the best buy ppl say the ringtones should work and they are in midi format. so cant fiigure it out so let me know if u had this problem or if u know what im doing wrong.

2. EnigmaCode

EnigmaCode

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    the best program is MPT. if you dont want to buy it or find a *ahem* pirate version, use p2k manager. if you want to carry on using p2kman, make sure that you delete mytonedb and temptonedb for each time you delete or add a set of ringtones, then powercycle your phone.

3. edicer2

edicer2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where are those files im supposed to delete and what do u mean by powercycle? i have noticed that the ringtones that i download have attribute of 20000 but the ones i put on my phone that dont work have a attribute of like 70000 maybe if i could change the attribute it would work? i tried but i idk let me know if that would work and how to do it if it will. and dose it matter if their format is midi and mid?

4. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do you have link to mobiledit and do u know cost?

cheers!

5. PaulSaunders

PaulSaunders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    By "powercycle" he means switching the phone off and on again before attempting to apply the ringtone. The number is not an attribute, it's the file size. You may be trying to upload files which are too large, and may need to edit them down to a smaller size for use. It's been a while since I played with my V3 ringtones, but I seem to recall that there is an upper limit for ringtone file sizes, but I can't remember what it is.

7. PaulSaunders

PaulSaunders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use Mobiledit for this and it does does it all smoothly and easily plus much more with most phone content. Now I can encrypt SMS or even read books on my phone.

8. Araw07

Araw07

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i'm new to all this ravr stuff. i wanted to no where can you download the ravr ringtones on what website? And where can i find those programs p2k manager and i think MPT. I use to have a Nextel phone i did my own ringtone by editing the music i had on my computer i was wondering if the same for the razr or totally different can i edit the same music and put them on my ravr phone or i cant do that. and i won't to no what format should the ringtones be for the ravr mono Etc..

Someone Help Me.. Thank You