1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ravenous??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tee, Jun 21, 2001.

1. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    A mate of mine caught some of this film on Sky the other night and said it was class....

Anyone seen the film? Got the DVD?

Cheers.

2. karla

karla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For what its worth, I thought this film was great. I don't have it on DVD, but it is out, I saw the R1 version. Its dark and has a couple of good creepy moments, but the thing I enjoyed most about it was that it was really unpredictable, in that you really couldn't tell how it was going to end!

3. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sick but good .

watched it on sky myself and quite enjoyed it :D :D

tasty ;)

4. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I like this one, but it's only half the film it could have been. The original director intended to make the darkest film ever, but after getting fired only a few days into production they gave the job to the lady that directed "Face"(I can't remember her name), a friend or Robert Carlyle's that happened to be free at the time and could take over straight away. Ravenous suddenly got skewed into a black comedy and Guy Pearce hates it for this reason, as it's not the film he signed up to make. He seems to have fallen out with Carlyle over it aswell, this is evident from the rather sly remarks Carlyle makes about him in his commentary.
    It's still an entertaining and unpredictable film, but it could have been much better. It tanked both here and in the US, but I put it down to not being marketed right rather than it being a bad film, which it isn't.
    The R1 disc is pretty good, but the 3 commentaries are rather dull, especially the one with the lady director and Damon Albarn - between them they hardly say anything of interest.
    BUT....the film is worth getting as it's far better than it's box office (lack of)performance would lead folks to believe.
    Good music too.

5. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you ca say that again about it not being marketed right

i neer even heard of it till it came on sky .
    shame realy :(

6. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    good film cool score.