1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rate conversion dubbing on Tosh RD-XS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Deano70, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Deano70

Deano70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All im getting a bit confused regarding using this facility can someone help me out?.I have stored on the HDD several weeks worth of recording (aprox 4.3hrs or so). I have created a playlist and now want to Rate dub onto a disk can this be done?, will this fit onto one disk?.I am under the impression this menu function will do a review of the amount of space on the -R and set a conversion rate accordingly to allow it to all fit, if this is the case why has it not worked?, checking the disk it has copied 2:15mins worth only, help please slighlty confused.
    PS Merry Xmas All :hiya:

2. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It should work, however if you tried to do it while in chapter mode it may have just copied the first chapter.
    Make sure your in title mode in the content menu, select the playlist and rate conversion dub and it should copy the whole title.
    If you select the playlist and check its details how long does it say it is, it might be worth doing it to an RW first just to make sure its working ok

good luck
    steve

3. Deano70

Deano70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers :beer: I will play tonight on a -RW :beer:

4. Deano70

Deano70
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok checking the disk back it stops after about 2:15mins, is it not able to rate convert 4.5hrs down to a 4.7G disk ????.In the content menu I select the playlist (about 9 programs together recorded at SP) and save. Then from the rate conversion menu I select the playlist, at the bottom of the menu there is a graphical representation of the disk space i get a almost highlighted area with a cross at the end I guess meaning unable to fit on disk, i must be doing something wrong???.... do i have to change the bit rate?, i was under the impression the conversion was auto calculated. :oops:

5. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you have to select the rate the graphic should show the current rate and the new rate and either a "X" or an "O", a "X" means it won't fit so you have to change the rate.

But I'm not conviced that you really want to do this???

You have recorded 4.5 hours at SP and now you want to fit it onto one DVD. This will mean putting down below LP quality and the convertion is likely to make the quality worse.

If you really ned to do this best to record at the max and then convert or just calculate the rate to start with and then you can write straight to disk after minor editing.

6. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    However you can get the rate auto calculated, just press quick menu and select auto calculate and the X should become a O

depending on the content LP may be ok...