Ratchet and Clank - Rift Apart

It would be interesting to know just how long is spent gaming on each platform, because with game pass the average time spent gaming on Xbox has skyrocketed. I’d estimate 70% of my gaming time is on Series X, with the rest split between PC, PS5 and Switch.

At the moment I’m playing Outriders, Biomutant and Mad Max (thanks to 120fps mode) on Series X, PS5 I’m enjoying going through Miles Morales and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I even dragged out the WiiU yesterday for a few hours on Zelda Wind Waker HD.
yeah, i have been playing d2 but it aint what i bought a ps5 for as i arent really too interested in old games or games Ive played before

It would be interesting to know just how long is spent gaming on each platform, because with game pass the average time spent gaming on Xbox has skyrocketed. I’d estimate 70% of my gaming time is on Series X, with the rest split between PC, PS5 and Switch.

At the moment I’m playing Outriders, Biomutant and Mad Max (thanks to 120fps mode) on Series X, PS5 I’m enjoying going through Miles Morales and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I even dragged out the WiiU yesterday for a few hours on Zelda Wind Waker HD.
How is Shadow of the Tomb Raider?

I am replaying that too but on Series X as they added 60fps frame boost so now you can play the the Quality preset but with 60fps. Great game, would love ND to update U4 and LL to 60fps - so much more playable and responsive.

Mile is great - i need to finish that off. Yeah dabbling with a bit of Ooutriders too - i would never have paid anything like full price for it, but yeah, fun on GP.

I agree with you, 70% on series X, 30% on PS5 sound about right. When Sony start gettting more AAA games out (GT7, HZD:FW, GoW2) no doubt it’ll shift a bit.

I doubt i will turn on the Series X for the three days it’ll take to see everything ratchet and Clank has to offer when i get going tomorrow morning; i will play at a slow pace to take it all in so if i’s 10-12 hours that’s cool Over three days :)

yeah, i have been playing d2 but it aint what i bought a ps5 for as i arent really too interested in old games or games Ive played before

I bought both new machines for increased performance in both old and new games, as well as the fast storage makes so much difference, the multi game quick resume is an absolute god send on Series X as I’m always playing multiple games. Microsoft try and cover the lack of their own IP by signing new games like Outriders into gp.

Now the negative….

Microsoft themselves do wind me up though, It utterly astounds me that they’ve known about this dearth of first party content all throughout the entire Xbox One generation and they still haven’t got anything with mass appeal released, they make some good games like Ori and small games like Minecraft Dungeons but to not have a single release that showcases the power of the Series X is disappointing.

That Halo footage they released a while back was laughable, is that really the best they can do with a game that’s had so many year in development?. I love game pass and the Series X, fantastic service and fantastic hardware but I’m at the stage now where I honestly don’t think Microsoft has any kind of idea how to even begin to craft the kind of games I want to play.

How is Shadow of the Tomb Raider?

I am replaying that too but on Series X as they added 60fps frame boost so now you can play the the Quality preset but with 60fps. Great game, would love ND to update U4 and LL to 60fps - so much more playable and responsive.

Mile is great - i need to finish that off. Yeah dabbling with a bit of Ooutriders too - i would never have paid anything like full price for it, but yeah, fun on GP.

I agree with you, 70% on series X, 30% on PS5 sound about right. When Sony start gettting more AAA games out (GT7, HZD:FW, GoW2) no doubt it’ll shift a bit.

I doubt i will turn on the Series X for the three days it’ll take to see everything ratchet and Clank has to offer when i get going tomorrow morning; i will play at a slow pace to take it all in so if i’s 10-12 hours that’s cool Over three days :)

I’m actually enjoying it more than Rise, I played that one on One X, graphics are a little soft on PS5 because the 60fps mode is stuck at 1080p unfortunately but it still looks nice. Nothing like how sharp Miles is though, not even close. I’ve got Demon Souls to try on PS5 next…..looking forward/dreading getting my backside kicked multiple times.

I bought both new machines for increased performance in both old and new games, as well as the fast storage makes so much difference, the multi game quick resume is an absolute god send on Series X as I’m always playing multiple games. Microsoft try and cover the lack of their own IP by signing new games like Outriders into gp.

Now the negative….

Microsoft themselves do wind me up though, It utterly astounds me that they’ve known about this dearth of first party content all throughout the entire Xbox One generation and they still haven’t got anything with mass appeal released, they make some good games like Ori and small games like Minecraft Dungeons but to not have a single release that showcases the power of the Series X is disappointing.

That Halo footage they released a while back was laughable, is that really the best they can do with a game that’s had so many year in development?. I love game pass and the Series X, fantastic service and fantastic hardware but I’m at the stage now where I honestly don’t think Microsoft has any kind of idea how to even begin to craft the kind of games I want to play.
Agreed.

MS keep talking about lines ups. That its coming. It is true that They have a load of brilliant IP now. They have more 1st party devs than Sony - many are good devs. They have a vehicle to profit from 1P games In GP.

They now need to come with these big IP, proper high quality, given the time needed, and the commitment to see it through. They can’t keep saying look what’s coming.

I love lots of things MS are doing, like you, but 1P games the time for talk is done. E3 needs to be the start of 1P games coming consistently and of a high quality, just like Sony do when they get going - MS can’t be left with words again when Sony hit their stride.

I’m actually enjoying it more than Rise, I played that one on One X, graphics are a little soft on PS5 because the 60fps mode is stuck at 1080p unfortunately but it still looks nice. Nothing like how sharp Miles is though, not even close. I’ve got Demon Souls to try on PS5 next…..looking forward/dreading getting my backside kicked multiple times.
Yeah Shadow is really good i agree. I played it through on release in the 60fps 1080p mode - i always flicked over to the quality mode as it really is much better on a big 4K TV, but the 30fps for an action game like this was not worth it. The Ghosting at 30fps is not nice. Having had all these 60fps patches that has become even more clear.

But when they added FPS boost, offering the Quality mode at 60fps, i just had a little go to test that really, but the game feels so responsive at 60 and now looks the part too on my 55” 4K TV so started a New Game +

Anyhow games are games i guess. Old new whatever :) a place for them all IMO. I enjoy firing up my RetroPie every so often to play some classic arcade games And console just as much as getting hyped for some real new stuff like R&C (haha in terms of tech)

👀

Last edited:

Now the negative….

Btw Ori is a third party game, and available on other platforms including Switch. Just not on PS.

Is there a E3 thread? Here's the conference schedule. Geoff Keighley's Summer Games Fest starts at 7pm tonight.

There's isn't yet but not sure throwing it in the Ratchet and Clank thread is the best place for it.

There's isn't yet but not sure throwing it in the Ratchet and Clank thread is the best place for it.
Yes your right, seen as the chat had diverted into the what direction Xbox was going in. I will delete it, consider my wrists slapped.

Yes your right, seen as the chat had diverted into the what direction Xbox was going in. I delete it, consider my wrists slapped.
Just start a thread in the main PS5 section mate and bang it in there, its useful info. :thumbsup:

I think mine has arrived from The Game Collection (ordered yesterday) as wife says a game sized package has turned up.

If so, looking forward to seeing some eye p0rn later.
This was wrong, it was a box from sky to send my sky q system back, not R&C booooo.

Got mine today and it’s very pretty with an insane amount of stuff going on…rift mechanics are a bit disappointing so far and more like a glorified zip line but hoping they get better as the game progresses.

Sounds great on the 3D headphones as well.

Now the negative….

Thanks for your interesting post and your honest thoughts, are these the same kind of thoughts that most of the xb fans seem to have? I know there's that 'is anyone tempted to go to the other side'? thread but I don't really frequent those areas tbf.
I'm genuinely interested, I had both the og xb and the 360 and as a gamer I'm shocked by how ms have handled the last ten years.
Would I buy an x?
Possibly one day but it has to have games, and not old games polished up a bit.

Oops, I replied without realising.
Sorry folks.
In R&C related news, my gs pal said he's buying this when he's back from offshore.
The RT performance mode looks the sweetspot doesn't it?

I’ve gone fidelity mode (which is the default) for my 1st play through

I'll be going 60fps RT, i just can't go back to 30fps. 🥳

Vincent Teoh of HDTVtest, normally associated with TV reviews and that sort of thing, has done an HDR analysis and recommended settings video for Ratchet and Clank on certain TV's to get the best out of the game's visuals.

Stayed up until midnight to give this a go. Literally watched the intro and played for 2 minutes, but looks off the scale.

Last edited:
Stunning!!!

All taken from the 60 FPS RT mode.

Ratchet _ Clank_ Rift Apart_20210611103314.png

Ratchet _ Clank_ Rift Apart_20210611105335.png

Ratchet _ Clank_ Rift Apart_20210611111207.png

Ratchet _ Clank_ Rift Apart_20210611111627.png

Ratchet _ Clank_ Rift Apart_20210611111706.png

Ratchet _ Clank_ Rift Apart_20210611112752.png

Performance RT is the way to go. Gotta have those 60fps, I can live with a slight loss of resolution.

Just started playing, straight on 60fps. Will have a look at 30fps later just to see the difference but I don't think I'll leave it like that for long.
First ten mins is a graphical treat.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom