Ratchet and Clank - Rift Apart

Shopto dispatched so not early but on track.

Damn you all and bit of FOMO (that fear of missing out for you over 40s ie all of you haha)

I hadnt played R&C since ps2 days but reading this thread made me start playing the 2016 one, that just had a 60fps update. Its great and I want to finish it before getting this but I don't have the paitence.

Damn you all and bit of FOMO (that fear of missing out for you over 40s ie all of you haha)

I hadnt played R&C since ps2 days but reading this thread made me start playing the 2016 one, that just had a 60fps update. Its great and I want to finish it before getting this but I don't have the paitence.
From what i remember the 2016 Ratchet isn't too long if your just doing the story.

Could probably do that in about ten hours if you don't go for every collectable etc. Once done though it's tempting to play through again with your kept weapons.

Well my digital pre order is also showing playable in 1 hour 11 mins :)

First proper PS5 AAA game so can’t wait to give it a spin soon...

image.jpg

OH MY GOD !!!!
Just installed and tried opening level ..... it is literally like you are in your own Pixar movie.
Played in fidelity mode the game is amazing , the amount of stuff going on at the same time is unreal.
The fur on Ratchet is gob smacking like Monsters Inc in 4K.
Just a stunning looking game.

Last edited:
Mine came today and agree it's looks stunning.

tempImageRSrwXG.png

tempImage3HTBCR.png

tempImageoaLFad.png

OH MY GOD !!!!
Just installed and tried opening level ..... it is literally like you are in your own Pixar movie.
Played in fidelity mode the game is amazing , the amount of stuff going on at the same time is unreal.
The fur on Clank is gob smacking like Monsters Inc in 4K.
Just a stunning looking game.

Glad you’re enjoying, but you mean the fur on Ratchet? 😏

By the way, what on earth ARE they playing over on the xb?
There's still absolutely nothing to play.

Lots of old last-gen games at 60 fps and 120 fps. Microsoft are very committed to this but only because the new Series S/X consoles have very little else going for them beyond the usual third-party releases.

Nice feature to have but absolutely not the reason I buy new consoles which is why I never bothered pre-ordering an Xbox Series X to replace my (virtually unused) Xbox One X. Still, the Xbox Series consoles do have expandable SSD storage and support for VRR, things which are still absent on the PS5 after eight months. Sony really are useless when it comes to supporting stuff like that.

I think mine has arrived from The Game Collection (ordered yesterday) as wife says a game sized package has turned up.

If so, looking forward to seeing some eye p0rn later.

Lots of old last-gen games at 60 fps and 120 fps. Microsoft are very committed to this but only because the new Series S/X consoles have very little else going for them beyond the usual third-party releases.

Nice feature to have but absolutely not the reason I buy new consoles which is why I never bothered pre-ordering an Xbox Series X to replace my (virtually unused) Xbox One X. Still, the Xbox Series consoles do have expandable SSD storage and support for VRR, things which are still absent on the PS5 after eight months. Sony really are useless when it comes to supporting stuff like that.
I agree with you but I'd take games and features at a later date over features and no games any day of the week.

Putting the Series X on a pedestal I see :D
Haha yeah literally.

It has vents at the bottom so i wanted to kept it off the floor to avoid it getting easy clogged. The PS5 got the spot in the unit as it looks OK , where as Series X is kinda made to go vertical with the air flow. :) but yeah its an old Omega box which is just the right size and strength lol

Can’t wait for Ratchet - a proper look at what the PS5 only game made by a top tier studio can do - from the pics above, roll on midnight :)

For me, the Series X tends to get more use since i got them at launch, but thats simply because i tend to only use the PS5 for Sony games - cross plat games i play on Xbox.

I have spent the most time on PS5 so far, and really enjoyed i too, revisiting some great PS4 games in 60FPS on PS5; Days Gone, ratchet 2016, Ghosts of T, TLoU 2, Gow, and so on - just finished Last of Us 2 again in 60FPS - wonderful. Those games have kept it rolling on PS5 for me as it’s been a bit thread bare in terms of ‘proper’ PS5 games of merit (Returnal, Demons Souls, Miles) but We have also had stuff like Sack boy and All Stars, Bugsax, and yeah, they might tick a box somewhere for a list war but those games are not what i have a PS5 for that’s for sure lol

You should try the screenshot feature built in to the system. That really helps to show off an image of the game rather than a mobile screenshot of your tv.
Thanks, just done a couple of pictures. Game looks insane.

Ratchet _ Clank_ Rift Apart_20210610135101.jpg

Ratchet _ Clank_ Rift Apart_20210610135114.jpg

Does look purdy

Blimey, Powerpyx has got a full Trophy guide up already. 2/10 Trophy difficulty and around 10 hours to Platinum, not including cut scenes, so it’s not a particularly tough or long game.

Shorter high quality games are the sweet spot for me these days.

As long as its not hugely cutting down on objects and npc's like mm did.

By the way, what on earth ARE they playing over on the xb?
There's still absolutely nothing to play.

It would be interesting to know just how long is spent gaming on each platform, because with game pass the average time spent gaming on Xbox has skyrocketed. I’d estimate 70% of my gaming time is on Series X, with the rest split between PC, PS5 and Switch.

At the moment I’m playing Outriders, Biomutant and Mad Max (thanks to 120fps mode) on Series X, PS5 I’m enjoying going through Miles Morales and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I even dragged out the WiiU yesterday for a few hours on Zelda Wind Waker HD.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom