Ratchet and Clank (29 April 2016)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Official teaser for the upcoming Ratchet and Clank animated movie, coming to theaters worldwide in early 2015 from Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Entertainment, based on the bestselling PlayStation® video game franchise and developed by acclaimed game developer Insomniac Games.

One of the biggest questions we've gotten in the last few years is "When are you going to make a Ratchet & Clank movie?" The truth is, we've wanted to do a movie for a long time! Ratchet & Clank's action, humor and galaxy-spanning adventures have really been the basis for a fantastic game series, and we think it'd translate perfectly to the big screen.

We've been looking for the right partner to help us bring a Ratchet & Clank movie to life, and we're thrilled to announce that Blockade Entertainment and Rainmaker Entertainment are currently in production on Ratchet & Clank's first cinematic adventure.

Insomniac is honored to play a hands-on role with the film's production, screenplay, character development, and animation consulting. Furthermore, our own Ratchet & Clank writer, T.J. Fixman, who has written all of the recent Ratchet & Clank games, is writing the script for the film as well.

We know you're still patiently waiting for Ratchet & Clank: QForce PS Vita and Ratchet: Deadlocked. While we don't have any news to share today, stay tuned, we'll update you soon.

There will be much to come on the Ratchet & Clank movie as we get farther into production and closer to its release. Thanks for all your support of the franchise over the last 10 years, without you, there wouldn't be a movie!

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
Great stuff- my kids will lap it up.:thumbsup:

Playing R&C I always thought 'this is like a Pixar movie' -especially the cutscenes. With the success of Wreck It Ralph, now seems like the perfect time for a Ratchet movie.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Voice cast;

• Paul Giamatti -- Chairman Drek
  • John Goodman -- Grimroth
  • Bella Thorne -- Cora
  • Rosario Dawson -- Elaris
  • Sylvester Stallone -- Victor
Ratchet & Clank video game voice actors James Arnold Taylor (Ratchet), David Kaye (Clank), Armin Shimerman (Nefarious), and Jim Ward (Captain Qwark) will also lend their voices to the movie.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I'm guessing this has been delayed as its 2015 already ! Lol !

Why is it making you laugh :D
Yes the thread title was changed to 2016 when delay news came out a few days ago

The teaser is 2 years old and video game adaptations usually have a harder time to market, and dates shift all the time in the industry

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Why is it making you laugh :D
Yes the thread title was changed to 2016 when delay news came out a few days ago

The teaser is 2 years old and video game adaptations usually have a harder time to market, and dates shift all the time in the industry
It made me laugh cos I literally just found this thread, I watched the clip and it came up with the year at the end !

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom