Raspberry Pi Squeezebox - advice needed!

Dave543210

Novice Member
Reaction score
I currently use a Squeezebox Touch, modded with the EDO plug-in that allows bit-perfect streaming of PCM up to 24/192 and DSD/DoP.

I've been considering a Raspberry Pi replace it—not that there is any urgency, but I know the Touch won't live forever. I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know if these things will also stream 24/192 PCM (or higher) and DSD/DoP from LMS software, like the modded Touch, or are they limited to the original Touch specs of 24/96 PCM only?

Secondly, I'm the world's worst at DIY. Any suggestions on how/where I can get a pre-built Raspberry Pi streamer? I'm open to offers!

The Pi hut is the go to place to buy from. they do sell a complete kit of Pi, case, SD card set up to help down load a couple of OS and power cable. Generally works out a bit cheaper than buying separately.

I dont use it as a squeezebox so cant advise on software but do use volumio and that was straightforward to set up following their step by step guide - as I say I dont know whether volumio alone works as LMS/squeezebox- my rough understanding says it may need an additional plug in software. With out the DAC Hat slot on part you will need something with a USB input like a standalone DAC

I wouldn't let lack of DIY skill put you off giving things a go unless you want to do clever things like building a screen into a wall. It's just like fancy lego. Pi hut is great as is this place....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom