Rare Replay

For less than £20 there's a lot of content in there - even if there are a few duds.

Just picked it up. I've played the 360 games but none of the ones from before then as my gaming career is...

Amiga - PC - Xbox 360

... So I missed out on a lot of the earlier ones. Any that I should head for straight away or just work my way though them chronologically.

I'm no master gamer so I'm expecting these old titles to give me a bit of a kicking. Still for the price I'm happy just dabbling and playing what I want.

Tbh I think only jetpac is still playable from the speccy games.

But all the rest definitely. Particularly battle toads, rc pro am, cobra triangle from the nes range
Blast corps, jetforce gemini and conker from n64

I assume if you've had a 360 you may have played banjo games. If not they are a must play.

Freezeezy peak on Banjo. Forgot how good this world is. I said it when I first played BK and I'll say it again now. It's the best 3D platformer ever for me. As immense as Mario64 is it's just not got the variety of this.

You should try playing through all of conked. Now THAT has variety.

Started Banjo Kazooie again last night. It's still sublime. Wonderful to play.

Freezeezy peak now done besides a glitch where the jiggy that appears at the top of the snowman just disappeared? Will go back in and try and get it again. I think it appeared after dive bombing the snowmen

It's quite amusing reading some of the Gamespot comments regarding the ZX Spectrum games and how poor they are.

I guess they are probably look quite poor by today's standards but back in the day (yes Grandad) we were blown away by some of the Ultimate suff.

Started Banjo Kazooie again last night. It's still sublime. Wonderful to play.

It's a Mario beater - I collected absolutely everything in that game (as it forces you to to complete it properly) - N64 + Rare = best games ever!

It's quite amusing reading some of the Gamespot comments regarding the ZX Spectrum games and how poor they are.

I guess they are probably look quite poor by today's standards but back in the day (yes Grandad) we were blown away by some of the Ultimate suff.

Yeah loads of young uns whos parents may not of even been born then :) thing with this collection is it's pretty diverse. Well rare themselves where. I mean look at some of there nes output. Snake rattle n roll, cobra triangle, battle toads and rc pro where all top notch nes titles back in the day.

ok Killer Instinct Gold is terrible, I thought the Xbone version was bad before this, it plays like that crappy new Godzilla game, you lumber around throwing weak hits at enemies faster and more powerful then you with no hope of stopping the incoming hit, no wonder this series was dead for so long

Theres achievements for playing every game mode and finishing on easy and above, I hit start and get dumped right into the character select screen with no mode option or chance to change the difficulty, I'm not terrible as these sort of games but I can't even get in more then a couple of hits, let alone even win a round, If I'd paid full price for this POS back in the day on N64, I'd be pissed.

ok Killer Instinct Gold is terrible, I thought the Xbone version was bad before this, it plays like that crappy new Godzilla game, you lumber around throwing weak hits at enemies faster and more powerful then you with no hope of stopping the incoming hit, no wonder this series was dead for so long

Theres achievements for playing every game mode and finishing on easy and above, I hit start and get dumped right into the character select screen with no mode option or chance to change the difficulty, I'm not terrible as these sort of games but I can't even get in more then a couple of hits, let alone even win a round, If I'd paid full price for this POS back in the day on N64, I'd be pissed.
The game was revolutionary back in the day (20 years ago!) Things have changed a lot since then.
There is an option menu on the title screen. maybe you pressed start twice?

Just noticed theres no start screen, up and down cycles through the mode options at the main screen *facepalm* too busy raging at the game lol

The age isn't even a factor, I still play Street Figher II to this day and it never gets old, I just don't think Rare know how to make a beat'em up, this is Clay Fighters level of crap lol

Cheers for the tips of golden oldies to try out. Plenty to keep me busy.

I've been playing a bit of Viva Piñata : Trouble in Paradise. I'd forgotten how enjoyable those games were. Proof that God games can work on consoles and promising for the upcoming Cities: Skylines.

Anyone else unable to sign into xbox live when playing the 360 games?

When pressing both the Menu and View buttons to bring up the mini guide it just says connect to xbox live.

Anyone about to play perfect dark online this evening???

Just to confirm as ive read so many diffent things on this, is it. If bought on disc, is it a 38gb download patch or is it a 38gb install right from the disc? Thanks

Just to confirm as ive read so many diffent things on this, is it. If bought on disc, is it a 38gb download patch or is it a 38gb install right from the disc? Thanks

Games install from discs but there are updates for a few titles so it'll probably redownload the 360 games.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom