Rare Replay

Kravenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30 games from 30 years of Rare's history and reported to around about £20

Be great to revisit some of these.

One of the surprises of the show for me :thumbsup:. This has to be the best retro collections ever. It's a pity Rare no longer make games as good as these anymore.

Yeah Kameo, that was the first 360 game I ever played in HD on a newly purchased "HD ready" TV :). The leap from my crappy Phillips CRT was jaw dropping at the time.

30 classic Rare games in 1! :clap:

Atic Atac. One of the first games I played on 48k Spectrum.

Jet Force Gemini. 3rd person alien bug shooter from N64. Brilliant

Shame there is no goldeneye though

Yeah a licensing issue unfortunately.

I'm really excited to finally be able to play Blast Corps, one of the Rare games I missed first time around and, like many N64 games, was produced in a very limited run so if you didn't buy on release they were so hard to find.

Amazing compilation and for £19.99 as well.

Anyone know if were getting an uncut version of Conker or the toned down Xbox version?

So many games I loved in this bundle. My concern is whether they are best left as fond gaming memories. Never go back and all that...

Amazing compilation and for £19.99 as well.

Anyone know if were getting an uncut version of Conker or the toned down Xbox version?

Quietly hopeful it's the original as it's referred to by it's N64 title as opposed to the Xbox Conker Live and Reloaded name.

So many games I loved in this bundle. My concern is whether they are best left as fond gaming memories. Never go back and all that...

Definitely this. Old arcade games on xbox live always suck and this will be a major disappointment for fans of the old games. The only way to play these games are on the original consoles as at least you get that nostalgic feeling whilst you try and tell you self the game doesn't suck now you have played it again.

I'll pick it up for the 360 titles I missed first time around (Perfect Dark, Banjo-, Viva Piñata, etc.), plenty of value in the bundle [emoji2]

I'm not quite sure when I'll have time to play them all though..

Atic Atac. One of the first games I played on 48k Spectrum.
Me too, although i will not replay it as i have never forgiven the fact that i once got all parts of the key and when i got back to the main door, to get out, my health ran out just i was trying to put the pieces in the right order.

Me too, although i will not replay it as i have never forgiven the fact that i once got all parts of the key and when i got back to the main door, to get out, my health ran out just i was trying to put the pieces in the right order.
Me and my mate played my Spectrum 48k so much, we had to keep putting it in the freezer to cool it down!!!!
Loved Atic Atac, and Jet Pac.
66p a game is mental I know collections like this and Halo MCC are old games but they are amazing value, especially as I haven't played a lot of these Rare games.
I hope many more publishers do this at competitive prices.

Last edited:
Me and my mate played my Spectrum 48k so much, we had to keep putting it in the freezer to cool it down!!!!
Loved Atic Atac, and Jet Pac.
66p a game is mental I know collections like this and Halo MCC are old games but they are amazing value, especially as I haven't played a lot of these Rare games.
I hope many more publishers do this at competitive prices.

Have a look what people are paying for the N64 version of Conker alone on ebay and you'll see what good value this is.

I thought the 360 version of Conker was inferior to the n64 version?

I think the version that came out on the original Xbox was censored or something like that. N64 version is apparently the way too go but is incredibly expensive to pick up. Hopefully the Rare collection will have the N64 version.

Knight Lore was the first game I bought for the Spectrum + my Dad bought for us at Christmas 1984.

I can still remember how thick the paper of the box and the manual was, it was such high quality and had the most amazing smell.

Blimey went a bit Marcel Proust there...

Knight Lore was the first game I bought for the Spectrum + my Dad bought for us at Christmas 1984.

I can still remember how thick the paper of the box and the manual was, it was such high quality and had the most amazing smell.

Blimey went a bit Marcel Proust there...

lol happy memories, I on the other hand can remember asking for a dual tape ghetto blaster to copy games at school :nono:

Yeah a licensing issue unfortunately.

I'm really excited to finally be able to play Blast Corps, one of the Rare games I missed first time around and, like many N64 games.

Blast Corps is in this package?!
I spent hours upon hours on that game getting platinum medals.
Sometimes it was fun just letting the tanker run into something to watch it explode.
This would be worth getting just for that one game.

Will any of these games be remastered at all or are they ports of original games?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom