1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rare PlayStation 2 hardware

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Gemini-Phoenix, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Anyone here got any interesting and / or rare PS2 hardware?

I have one of these ~ Limited to only 666 per region (America / Japan / Europe). Sony actually released five colours, all limited to 2000 of each colour, then split into three regions (Well, 1998, the other two are unaccounted for. Apparently)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And I can tell you that the serial number's on these limited consoles is unlike any other PlayStation serial number - They run from 0000 to 2000! My one confirms that my specific console was one of the very first 20 produced!!! :)

I had to import it from America though. I imported it around March 2004, and was very surprised to discover the low production number of my unit!

I had some trouble with Sony Of America though ~ Initially they refused to sell me one. I had to get a friend in America to buy it for me, and then divert it to me. It was an expensive way to get hold of it though, but was well worth the extra!

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    Seem to remember them doing a white one aswell which looked pretty nice

3. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    They did five colours, all dubbed part of the "European Automobile" collection. There was Super Red; Light Yellow; Azure Blue; Snow White; And Metallic Silver...

Later, they released the Satin Silver and Aqua Blue ones (In the UK)

It's a nightmare to keep up with all the cool LE's that the Japanese get though. My personal favourite is the Gold Gundam one, with the custom stand...