Rare multiplayer maps in COD4?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Already Taken, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Already Taken

Already Taken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm up to about level 35 on the multiplayer so I've had a fair few games by now but I've noticed that unlike COD:WAW , there seems to be a couple of maps that are very rarely seen.

I've had one go at a level based on the SAS training facility but not seen it since , and twice I've been about to play the map based on Pripyat but both times it was voted to skip this.

I'm sure there's a reason why these come up so rarely , but what is it and how can I get to play them more?

2. Xabi17

Xabi17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Can you remember their names?

3. Benny Powers

Benny Powers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    depends what game modes you play mate. the smaller maps (shipment and killhouse) are only certain game modes. for instance i played mostly S+D on MW so never saw these maps at all. and yes some of the maps are always skipped...WETWORK anyone!

:rotfl:

4. Leumas_10

Leumas_10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    What happens if some people have the extra map pack and others don't but they are in the same game party? Would the newer maps get missed out and just set games up on the original set of maps? Or do the servers segregate the players who have all maps and those who don't?

Were there 4 new maps introduced? What are they like...

5. Benny Powers

Benny Powers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    if in the same party they will be missed. it will tell you all so and so does not have the map pack so those maps will be skipped.

6. Wilko83

Wilko83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Wetwork kicks butt, well...............i like it anyway, lol. just keep moving forward, that's the key ultra aggressive!
    i have only played killhouse once and that was a private match! and bloc i don't really enjoy anyway. crash however is a awesome level!

7. Floor Tom

Floor Tom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I like it too, Hiding in the dark corners with a LMG is a lot of fun, sniping can be good too. I have never played Killhouse as I dont have the map pack. I hated Bloc for a long while, now I don't mind it too much but I still get wasted on it and am never too disapointed if it gets skipped, it is still probably my least favorite map.

8. ste v p

ste v p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys Wetworks. It's best when you play with an ultra aggressive team who keep pushing to the opposite end of the ship. If you can get a few players at the opposition spawn point it's carnage!

I really like Bloc, I don't understand why everyone hates it so much, I guess i just try to keep moving all the time. One map I dislike which a lot of people enjoy is Backlot. It doesn't come up too often and I still can't really fathom the layout!

Some days you seem to play the same maps over and over but don't see some others. I can't remember the last time I played Vacant but have played lots of Ambush and District recently.