• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rare example of outstanding Customer Service

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
The Company: Juicy Retreats | JR Ultra Juicer, Weight Loss, Juice Detox Retreat,
The Product: a slow juicer Juicy Retreats | JR Ultra Juicer, Weight Loss, Juice Detox Retreat,
(apparently slow juicing retains far more nutrients than fast/centrifugal juicing - so Mrs LV426 says anyway)
The Issue: Accidental damage. Whilst disassembling the very heavy auger/filter for cleaning, it was dropped onto a hard floor, and the sheer weight of the auger damaged the more fragile filter beyond repair.

Looked on the site for spares. None listed for this exact model, otherwise I'd have just placed an order. So, sent an EMail to Customer Services describing the issue.

Response: On this occasion we would like to send you a replacement filter assembly free of charge.

Which they did, the next day.

I'd call that OUTSTANDING.

Eric

Distinguished Member
Andrew James are also amazing.

Bought an ice cream maker. Motor failed after 5 months. Emailed them with all details. Outcome was a brand new maker and a refund to my card!

delanoster

Established Member
I can think of three instances from the past year or so where I've had similar excellent service from three separate retailers. Good service is probably very common but it's much more usual to only hear about poor service thereby skewing our expectations.

shodan

Distinguished Member
I've had that level of service from Morphy Richards on two occasions. Unfortuntely it was two different machines which was all the Morphy Richards stuff I had, so I stopped buying their stuff.

mh123

Established Member
Bought a Brabantia touch lid kitchen bin 15 years ago which came with a 10 year no quibble guarantee. Just taken (next day - Saturday) delivery of our fifth replacement lid, FOC.

rousetafarian

The Company:Amazon
The Product: Panasonic underwater digital camera
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-L...407&sr=8-2&keywords=underwater+digital+camera
The Issue: I'm an idiot and managed to open it underwater whilst snorkelling and crapping myself in the presence of a Black Tip/Reef shark
Response: Don't worry rousetafarian, mistakes are made would like a full refund?

They did, the same day and asked me to return the soggy, well and truly broken, waterlogged device.

shodan

Distinguished Member
The Company:Amazon
The Product: Panasonic underwater digital camera
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-L...407&sr=8-2&keywords=underwater+digital+camera
The Issue: I'm an idiot and managed to open it underwater whilst snorkelling and crapping myself in the presence of a Black Tip/Reef shark
Response: Don't worry rousetafarian, mistakes are made would like a full refund?

They did, the same day and asked me to return the soggy, well and truly broken, waterlogged device.
I wonder if they laughed about that as much as I did.. :D

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Bought some Levi Jeans on 22 April 2015 from John Lewis (£64 reduced from £80 in a price match event). Probably wore them every other week since, apart from the summer, and washed them a fair few times. The crotch has gone already, worn out either side of the stitching.
Been wearing them a few weeks like that and just thought this morning I'm going to complain, it's probably my fault because my slightly older Hilfigers have gone the same way, but for the amount these things cost they should last longer.

Called Levi this afternoon, they gave me an email address to send a photo of the damage, receipt and inside label. I did that and within an hour they've sent me an £85 online voucher valid for 6 months.Totally amazed with that gesture.

Feel free to crack on with jokes of groin rubbing, strippers and large testicles

marshy1

Established Member
bought a josephjoseph wash & drain, a few months later the wife thinks she threw out the plug amongst some potato skins. Dropped them an email asking if replacements are available and if so how much with p&p they said don't worry and sent me one out free of charge

Amex: Every call is brilliant. Brighton based call center. Friendly helpful staff, no waiting around, no getting transferred. Just perfect

Five Guys: Complained the large fries were too small. Got vouchers for a meal for 2. For the price, I consider that great customer service.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
Amex: Every call is brilliant. Brighton based call center. Friendly helpful staff, no waiting around, no getting transferred. Just perfect

Five Guys: Complained the large fries were too small. Got vouchers for a meal for 2. For the price, I consider that great customer service.

I love FG chips that is all.

Sent from mTalk

D

Deleted member 498601

Amazon. Customer service that's so good it leaves you feeling guilty.

Tbh, the larger companies that are household names (in Amazon's case globally household) not only can they afford to just replace items with no questions, they build their reputation on it. I've had multiple items over the past 20 years from Argos or Amazon that have just been swapped with no questions asked. This makes me want to continue to be their customer - not out of loyalty, but I'm being a savvy shopper. Same goes for Curry's/ PC World imo. Some people complain (and rightly so), but for the most part, I've found them to be competitive price-wise, and no-quibble on swaps. I've also done some amazing haggling in a PC World :thumbsup:

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
My 18-20 month old Samsung 50" TV suddenly developed sound problems, crackling, distorted or no sound at all. Turning it on and off again seemed to fix it in the short term. I messaged amazon last night just to check if there was any additional warranty (It was a last resort, I know a TV shouldn't play up so quick but figured if it only had 12 months warranty it could turn into a hassle)

Straight back (as in 4 minutes later) they replied offering a refund or replacement, they are sending a courier out on Tuesday to collect it. I love amazon, they just take the hassle and effort out of online shopping, especially when things go wrong. If I'm buying something these days that might not be as good in the flesh as the hype suggests, ill use amazon everytime, even if they are not cheapest.

I was in Belfast the last few days, really wanted to bring home a nice pair of bluetooth headphones around the £100 budget. Currys, Argos and worst of all Richer sounds wouldn't let me demo any, and made it clear they were excluded from returns aswell. I expected that from Currys and Argos but was very disappointed with Richer Sounds as they are usually so good. They said it was a sealed pack so they couldnt open it, and had no demo units available.

I said surely as audio experts, you don't expect me to buy it completely blind and untested. Ive ended up paying slightly more with amazon, knowing if they don't live up to expectations they can go back. Im sure they will be fine, and I'm sure Richer sounds recommendation was correct but out of principle I wasnt paying £100 knowing I had zero comeback if they are not as good as I hoped.

Jules Winfield

Prominent Member
The company: Kranzle, makers of very good pressure washers.
The product:A K1150T power washer.
The issue: I had been using mine to clean decades of grime off the patio and one of the attachments got blocked with a small stone, rendering it useless.

I emailed them describing the problem and asking whether it could be fixed.

The response: They told me to sent it in and they'd repair it for me. They did so and sent me an email to say it had been unblocked and they had sent it back. There would be no charge: all they asked of me was a testimonial for their web site, which I gladly provided.

The power washer itself is brilliant - it hasn't missed a beat in eight years - and the customer service is the icing on the cake.

NewfieDrool

Banned
The issue: I had been using mine to clean decades of grime off the patio and one of the attachments got blocked with a small stone, rendering it useless.

The response: They told me to sent it in and they'd repair it for me. They did so and sent me an email to say it had been unblocked and they had sent it back. There would be no charge: all they asked of me was a testimonial for their web site, which I gladly provided.

The power washer itself is brilliant - it hasn't missed a beat in eight years - and the customer service is the icing on the cake.

Great company, great washers. You will not find better.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member

Great company, great washers. You will not find better.
New one on me, will check them out, thanks gents.

Richer Sounds

Prominent Member
AVForums Sponsor
My 18-20 month old Samsung 50" TV suddenly developed sound problems, crackling, distorted or no sound at all. Turning it on and off again seemed to fix it in the short term. I messaged amazon last night just to check if there was any additional warranty (It was a last resort, I know a TV shouldn't play up so quick but figured if it only had 12 months warranty it could turn into a hassle)

Straight back (as in 4 minutes later) they replied offering a refund or replacement, they are sending a courier out on Tuesday to collect it. I love amazon, they just take the hassle and effort out of online shopping, especially when things go wrong. If I'm buying something these days that might not be as good in the flesh as the hype suggests, ill use amazon everytime, even if they are not cheapest.

I was in Belfast the last few days, really wanted to bring home a nice pair of bluetooth headphones around the £100 budget. Currys, Argos and worst of all Richer sounds wouldn't let me demo any, and made it clear they were excluded from returns aswell. I expected that from Currys and Argos but was very disappointed with Richer Sounds as they are usually so good. They said it was a sealed pack so they couldnt open it, and had no demo units available.

I said surely as audio experts, you don't expect me to buy it completely blind and untested. Ive ended up paying slightly more with amazon, knowing if they don't live up to expectations they can go back. Im sure they will be fine, and I'm sure Richer sounds recommendation was correct but out of principle I wasnt paying £100 knowing I had zero comeback if they are not as good as I hoped.

Hi there,

I saw your comments on this thread and was obviously most concerned to read of the unhelpful service offered by our Belfast franchise.

Of course the sales colleague should have let you demonstrate the headphones and I’ve since spoken my counterpart in Ireland to ensure the necessary steps are taken to prevent this reoccurring in the future.

If you’d be so kind as to PM me your contact details I will get in touch to resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Many Thanks

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Thanks John, ill pm you now - not looking to make a big deal of it or get anyone in trouble - it just seemed a daft concept to expect someone to buy a product completely blind with no comeback whatsoever.

Im constantly impressed by your companies presence on Avforums and think it would be great if more companies followed the example.

Dyson - I have a Dyson ball that was 18 months old but has been repaired twice in that time, the same fault happened again on Monday where the button has a loose connection so that it doesn't stay on. I phoned Dyson Monday and said I wasn't happy with another repair for the same fault in such a short space of time (last repair was November) they agreed and have sent me a newer model as a direct replacement.

The replacement arrived today, superb customer service :)

Ed Selley

Hi-Fi Editor
Slightly unusual one this. Tonight after a slightly trying day sourcing a 205/45/16 Avon ZV5 tyre at no notice following a puncture, we weakened and ordered a takeaway. On collecting it, they informed my wife that both starters would be free. It seems that on our last order, they had omitted a starter and wanted to make amends. What makes this a bit odd is that this order was placed in early December. They had held on the receipt and the phone number and waited patiently over two months for another order to be placed so they could correct their error. We had completely forgotten about it (it was an order for multiple people and there was no shortage of food) and had no interest in chasing it up.

So if you live in North Milton Keynes/ Newport Pagnell, the Kolkata not only tastes great but is fanatically honest too.

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Thanks John, ill pm you now - not looking to make a big deal of it or get anyone in trouble - it just seemed a daft concept to expect someone to buy a product completely blind with no comeback whatsoever.

Im constantly impressed by your companies presence on Avforums and think it would be great if more companies followed the example.

Incredible service from John at Richer Sounds - you don't often get such super customer care, its so refreshing and I urge anyone to use them before trying the poor high street alternatives who couldnt care less once you part with your cash.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom