1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rare B&W 600 S3 discount at Superfi

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by boltoa, Dec 31, 2002.

1. boltoa

boltoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Superfi are currently discounting B&W S3 in their sale, 10-15% off. I picked up a pair of 601s in Sorrento for £220 (£30 off). They are doing the whole 600 range at a discount, although the Lincoln store I used only had 601s in stock. Nottingham had a few more when I initially looked there, but I had too many shopping bags at the time :).

I was chatting to the bloke in Lincoln about never being able to get discounts on B&W and he said that B&W threaten dealers with losing their accounts if they discount, which is surely against EU competition laws?!!!

Andrwe

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only if they were to do it officially ;)

3. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    'Only if they were to do it officially'

Comp laws are only infringed when the undertaking concerned fulfil a number of criteria. whether the alleged abusive conduct is official or not makes no difference.

4. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    True, but the great thing about threatening to remove dealership rights verbally is that you can threaten it with virtual impunity.

The dealer tries to fight back or calls your bluff? You suddenly find you have one too many dealerships in that area...

5. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Not sure if I've interpreted your reply correctly, but even a verbal threat can be abusive conduct. It's just that verbal threats may be harder to prove.

This shouldn't be a problem anyway, as once the verbal threat Crystallises into a refusal to supply, that will be the proof.

The only time that an undertaking can threaten dealers in this way with 'virtual imunity' is if it does not meet the criteria set down in the legislation and case law, in such a case, he really is immune. If it does meet the criteria, and if it cannot justify its refusal to supply, it will be guilty of breaching comp law.

6. wvoss

wvoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Went to Superfi in Stockport on Saturday. bought B & W centre, Sub & Ceiling speakers. Came to £820 as expected but the sale brought it down to £710. Quite impressed. :D

Sale is on for another 3 weeks!!!

7. mal1

mal1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you set the sub (which one did you get btw?) up yet? If its any good I'd consider getting one.

ta

Mal

8. wvoss

wvoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looked at the asw500 but ended up with the asw300. It's in a garage conversion and I feel this does the job nicely. Not sure on the exact settings without looking. Just followed the manual and seem to get rich acurate bass.

Also got the centre LRC600 S3 for about £270 (Usually £350) and CCM65's for around £220.

Been looking to buy for months and now is certainly the best time!!:p

9. Swinnydon

Swinnydon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually got a massive discount on my B&Ws a few years ago. I bought the 603, 601 cc6 S2 combo from Audio-T in their sales. They gave me 15%, 12.5% and 10% off for the 3 sets (respectively) so I had a massive 15% off the 603s! :) Not sure whether it was a mistake or what but I certainly wasn't complaining! :D