Rapid Covid 19 Test Question

daveattheone

I have just been to a care home to visit a relative and had to do a rapid Covid 19 test before I entered. It was just one swab up each nostril then you give it back to the nurse and you wait outside for around 10-15 mins for the result.

I was then given the test back in a silver bag and just 1 red line showing so a negative result.

What's not to say they could of just showed me some random negative result? That test could be anybody's. You do hear about these tests not being reliable and people taking multiple tests and getting different results so why would a care home use these tests if they aren't reliable?

Also most of the staff didn't have masks on and many of those who did were wearing them on their chins. I had to wear a mask but just took it off when I got to my relatives room like other visitors did.

daveattheone

Why would they not show you your own test result? They don't want you entering if you're positive.
Maybe not to disappoint visitors by turning them away from visiting relatives? It's alright doing these tests but then when you do go in a lot of the staff weren't wearing masks or not wearing them correctly. Just seems a bit contradictive that's all.

MrsArcanum

Maybe not to disappoint visitors by turning them away from visiting relatives? It's alright doing these tests but then when you do go in a lot of the staff weren't wearing masks or not wearing them correctly. Just seems a bit contradictive that's all.

A mask on its own is not enough, just as being vaccinated is not enough. They have to be sure someone visiting is not Covid positive in order to protect ALL their residents.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom