Rant

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Garryoo2, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Garryoo2

Garryoo2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but need to get this out of my head little while ago I damaged my receiver by accident so had to get a replacement and after great advice on here I choose the marantz sr7009 and all I can say is they were right it is a awesome receiver but.....

First one died within 28 days so contacted the shop and was told they would send a new one out great apart from it being a holiday weekend just my luck though lol. I laughed this off and just put it down to my luck lol.
    Got the new one almost a week later great everything was working again but yes another but about a month later things started to go bad again the online functions started acting up wouldn't AirPlay from my iPad then the Internet radio wouldn't work. To top that off I have a all in one remote with activities so when I was going from sky to bluray I just press bluray and it changes everything. When I pressed it everything changed as usual but the receiver wasn't putting the picture up to the TV or projector I had to power the receiver on and off for it to change.
    Back on the phone too the shop I went this is when I got annoyed they went from blaming my projector to my remote to my router so after a long convo with the so called manager explaining I had reset everything and tried almost everything I got the Ill look into it and get back you line.

As I waited there was a call back from a really nice guy from marantz themselves who was the first person to apologise for my inconvenience he then got me to try do another reset which wasn't in the manual to where it wouldn't accept the command so told me it looks like the online module was faulty.
    Yet again back on the phone to the shop to get the run about then to be told they don't have black in stock he would check when they were expecting any in but this point I was pretty annoyed so yes I was being blunt but not out with reason. Again waited on my phone call back then when I got my call back I was to.d I would just get a refund as they have no due dates on these this was a big let down as I really like the marantz but nothing else was silver so I agreed to the refund and it was picked up and delivered back to the shop at 9:35 on Wednesday morning.
    Waited thinking I should maybe see my refund on Thursday or Friday so I can order from somewhere else but nope got in this morning and no refund phoned the shop to be told the person who deals with refunds wasn't there I'll get a call back. You can see I'm getting annoyed waiting and waiting so called back about 4hrs later to get the same thing he had popped in this morning but wasn't there now. I thought great yet another day waisted and still holding onto my money.
    Just received my call back to be told the unit had been tested and was all working finding that hard to believe but anyway was told my refund was processed this morning so won't see it till next week sometime.
    Am I the only one who thinks this is bit of a run about after me being blunt with the manager on Monday and again a customer who has now been left pretty much 2 weeks with nothing all in would or should be processed asap?

Sorry but this has really annoyed me today in the day we live a refund can be done same day but mines was held up by 2 just in time for the weekend delay once again. Guess this is a lesson sometimes it's better to deal with a dealer face to face so they can't delay just for fun.

Rant over and again sorry if this is in the wrong section. Lol

2. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,895
    I don't think 2-3 days for a refund is unreasonable. Yes, sometimes these things can be done quickly but sometimes a business will have other procedures to do or need to wait for a certain member of staff before the refund can be issued.

3. Garryoo2

Garryoo2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry I did forget to mention the fact the "manager" had stated 24hrs to do the refund so as it may been seen as a coincidence the delay when it comes to human nature I don't believe in them. I'll always believe human nature will try to have a little back even though the customer has complete right to be annoyed after being messed about.

4. johntheexpat

johntheexpat
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,811
    As they have the thing back, I would say any delay in a refund is unreasonable. They have your money and the box.
    But, it could be that you are being taught a lesson for not being as nice as they think you should have been on the phone. They didn't build the box, they just sold it. If it goes wrong, they replace it if they can, but the fault isn't down to them.

It seems you got a bit shirty, now its their turn.

Get a definitive date for when the money will be with you and grit your teeth until then, is the only advice I would offer. After that, if you want, game on. Or you could just shrug your shoulders, walk away and never use or recommend them again.

5. Garryoo2

Garryoo2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah I really do understand but I only got shirty after the blaming it on my projector and remote that would stop the AirPlay and Internet radio feature.
    They won't give me a day to expect the refund nor will they provide proof of the refund this is what is getting me really annoyed as for them getting shirty it's their job to take the customers complaints on the chin if they can't they are clearly in the wrong job.

Thanks for the advice though I am left with no option to wait or drive down which wouldn't get me any further forward either but I have emailed 2 different consumers rights websites about this and the fact they are not able to provide me proof of the refund.

6. Garryoo2

Garryoo2
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Also when I say not nice I wasn't shouting or swearing I was just pointing out after he asked me to keep it they way it was till they finally got me a replacement in black I asked if he bought a car and the lights didn't work would he be happy in which he wouldn't reply or answer my simple question.

I've seen on this very forum someone was waiting on a "new" receiver coming into stock but the shop lent the person another receiver till this arrived and that was some one buying not sitting with a faulty receiver.

I had my tv repaired at the start of the year they left me a tv while the repair was getting done I think it's a good way of doing business. Even when they don't make the item they sell it which leaves them legally and morally responsible for the item.

7. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48,351
    Please don't get me wrong, you are of course correct, but if you let any inkling of that known to the person you were dealing with, the shutters will have gone down and they will have quite likely gone into "minimum response mode".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List