1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RANT!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Matty N, May 30, 2001.

1. Matty N

Matty N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Point your browser at the news section of HCCO. See it? A Blackadder Collectors Boxset with all these wonderful things due for release towards the end of July.

Cool, R2 should already have it out then as there is no R2 release date listed. AS IF!

Can't find it in Woolies, not listed on Play or anywhere else I can think of.

I guess this is another example of the R1/R2 predjudice exhibited by a British company!! Please can someone tell me this isn't so.

/endrant

Matt

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I saw this - I guess R2 will get it eventually.
    Seems a bit of a waste really - I work for an American company and can't imagine many americans 'getting' blackadder.
    I believe all the discs are available separately on R2 though - ought to replace my VHS's recoerded 'off-air' really :D

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Sadly, only "The Black Adder" and "Blackadder II" are currently available on Region 2 (via BBC DVD). The box-set, however, is R1 only, and contains (all 4 series, plus the Blackadder's Christmas Carol special, but NOT the recent Blackadder: Back In Time - Millennium Dome Special).

It is odd, for sure, but this isn't the first BBC DVD to get a R1 release, prior to R2. WHen they released the "Wallace & Gromit" Trilogy, it was released in the USA first. Maybe, they want to use the money to make better R2 titles?! Who knows?

Pooch

4. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    It seems series 3 is also now available on R2, no sign of Blackadder goes 4th though.
    My guess would be that once all 4 have been released and everybody who wants them has got them, THEN there would be a box-set released with extras - this certainely seems to happen with SE versions of movies.
    Perhaps I'll wait & see ;)