1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant About Consoles Connections

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by sleepyone, Nov 11, 2004.

1. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    <Rant On>

So there I was wiring up my new GC, having to pull out the x-box as i do not have enough connections when I had a great idea.

Lets buy a Av connection box and s-vdieo connections for my PS2, X-Box and GC. Anyone spot the disaster thats about to happen?

Went on the web, got a great deal from Lik_sang for an av-switcher and s-videos leads. 2 weeks later and everything has arrived and I plug it all in.

X-Box, wow, instant improvment. PS2, same again great picture.
    GC, hhmm, blank screen, maybe I have to change a setting, quick rummage through the manual and the settings. Maybe there's something on the web?

5 mins Browsing later....What the :censored: do you mean s-video wasn't implemented in PAL gamecubes, I just spent 10 :censored: quid on a gc s-video cable. :censored: :censored: :censored:

They put a bloody usless digital out on but not s-video which is on more TV's than component.

:censored:

<rant off>

Okay, feel slightly better now. Surely if sony and Microsoft can put the different connections on their boxes then why cant Ninty?

So is there any way I can mod the GC to work with the cable, otherwise i've still got to pull something out to plug the GC in?

2. t-force

t-force

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    Nope, they removed the S-Vid so that they could put RGB onto the UK cube - hence the reason it's rather a difficult task to get RGB from an NTSC cube.

You reallly have four options open to you, in increasing order of quality:

1) Use the composite feed - not recommended,

2) Sell your PAL cube and buy an NTSC one, because they do have S-Vid.

3) Use an RGB cable - a lot better.

4) Get a component cable, a copy of Freeloader and revel in the prog scan goodness that NTSC games offer. Of course, if you don't have a TV with component inputs or prog scan this isn't much of an option.

3. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    thanks for the info t-force.

I do have component socket on my TV but that is used for the DVD player.

I know RGB was probably the best option but the whole point was getting all three consoles to run off the one socket.

Ah-well, I'll have a look around the back of my telly see if can move some scart cables around, I got 2 RGB scarts so will try to organize something.

Thanks Anyway.