ransomware on nexus 7 please help

deepblue364

Novice Member
Hi All,
I was just helping my son on his nexus 7, we were on castle clash and downloaded a free tapjoy offer called funny ringtones. However when we clicked open/activate it locked his tablet and all it is showing is a blue screen with a keypad on it asking for a pin however we have never set a pin on this so it's obviously part of the virus. It is asking us to click a link then there is a box that asks us to enter the code for a ukash voucher, it says if we don't do this all of his files etc will be wiped off within 24 hours.
I have tried starting the tablet in safe mode but it still just has the locked blue keypad screen showing, please can anyone advise what we can do?
Many thanks

JA9541

If you don't mind losing your data you can boot into recovery and perform a factory reset.

This is done by:

• Turn the tablet off
  • Hold the volume down and power button until you reach the bootloader
  • Use the volume buttons to scroll to the recovery mode option
Your tablet will now boot into recovery.

• Use the volume buttons to select factory reset
  • Once this is complete reboot by selecting the option.

odd1ne

Hi All,
I was just helping my son on his nexus 7, we were on castle clash and downloaded a free tapjoy offer called funny ringtones. However when we clicked open/activate it locked his tablet and all it is showing is a blue screen with a keypad on it asking for a pin however we have never set a pin on this so it's obviously part of the virus. It is asking us to click a link then there is a box that asks us to enter the code for a ukash voucher, it says if we don't do this all of his files etc will be wiped off within 24 hours.
I have tried starting the tablet in safe mode but it still just has the locked blue keypad screen showing, please can anyone advise what we can do?
Many thanks

Did you get anywhere with this?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom