• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

rank on mario kart

fizzgog

Well-known Member
hi guys, what factors effect the rank given on mario kart? is it racing line, overall time, use of items, use of turbo? or a combo of all.

also, have any of you got one star or better on all courses?
thanx
pete
 

Conn

Active Member
Combination of all I reckon.

Trying atm to get 1 star or better on the Missions (to open up the seventh set of missions). Only three more sets to go :rolleyes: Only have got stars for 5 of the Grand Prix...maybe time to go back and improve on a few. Although I do not think it opens up anything else new...
 

fizzgog

Well-known Member
Conn said:
Combination of all I reckon.

Trying atm to get 1 star or better on the Missions (to open up the seventh set of missions). Only three more sets to go :rolleyes: Only have got stars for 5 of the Grand Prix...maybe time to go back and improve on a few. Although I do not think it opens up anything else new...

i think that if you get 1star on all grand prix levels then a star will appear next to your name when playing online, same with 2 & 3stars.

i was horrified to find out that you can get three stars for rank. i thought i was doing okay getting A & 1star, lol.
pete
 

hpoom

Active Member
Yep I have 1 star by my name, but nearly have 2. It does take some doing!!!
 

Solar

Well-known Member
spocktra said:
Got 2 stars by my name.Took some doing though.:eek:
i have 2 or 3 stars on all of them exept a 1 star on 100cc, i just cant do it :(
did any one else find 100cc harder than 150 ?
 

fizzgog

Well-known Member
wow, well done guys.
ive got 1star on all of 50cc, A on all 100cc and a combination of A, B & 1star on both 150cc

i agree that 100cc might well be harder to get stars as i have more on 150cc.
well i better get some practice in before challenging you all over wifi.
thanx
pete
 

big-al-42

Standard Member
Got 1 star on all the gran prix so trying to do all the missions, but struggling with the one were you have to hit the feret things coming out of the ground with a green shell, any tips?
 

Marky1973

Well-known Member
Got MK waiting for me in the mail at home and I was looking forward to playing my first wifi game.......but by the sounds of this I think I need to get some practicing in before I go online!:D :eek:
 

Conn

Active Member
Marky1973 said:
Got MK waiting for me in the mail at home and I was looking forward to playing my first wifi game.......but by the sounds of this I think I need to get some practicing in before I go online!:D :eek:

Nah don't worry....I could use the company at the back :D
 

Conn

Active Member
big-al-42 said:
Got 1 star on all the gran prix so trying to do all the missions, but struggling with the one were you have to hit the feret things coming out of the ground with a green shell, any tips?

Sit on one of the item boxes, aim where you have two ferets in a line, keep firing ;)
 

Marky1973

Well-known Member
Conn said:
Nah don't worry....I could use the company at the back :D

:D :D :D

Actually it will be a little while as I still need to get a WIFI Adapter - so will be able to practice a little.....like the sound of playing with a group that don't like snakers!:smashin:
 

fizzgog

Well-known Member
is there any way of stopping the blue flying shell from hitting you?

i somehow managed to get my first triple star tonight.
thanx
pete
 

Marky1973

Well-known Member
Well got home, plugged in Mario Kart.......

Best........Game........For ages:D - I was going to say 'ever' but then I thought that would open the flood gates........

But it is a cracking version - like welcoming an old mate back! Just need to get more practice in beofre going on line......some of the three star missions seems really easy to get and then some of the others just stink of frustration and numb fingers - I love it!
 

fizzgog

Well-known Member

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom