Question [RangeAnxiety] Survey Research

DarioFER

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

As a part of my PhD research, and as a part of a larger project in my home country, we are currently doing research on range anxiety, since it is one of the major obstacles for EV market penetration, especially in countries with underdeveloped charging infrastructure.

We kindly ask you to fill in the survey (Range anxiety - Forum) and assist us in this research.

The goal of our research is provide business makers with a decision support system for charging infrastructure management.

We are aware that there is a lot more variables that affect the decision to charge or not to charge in real life. However, we wanted to make it simpler and first just see how these key variables influence range anxiety.

If you have any comments or questions about the survey or the topic, contact me at [email protected].

If this was not the appropriate subforum, I would kindly ask the forum administrators to move it to the correct one for the sake of visibility.

Thank you all!!

Thank you for providing validation of your credentials for this survey.

I tried completing the survey but couldn't give the answers I wanted to certain questions.

Firstly income - I don't know it in $, you should do the conversion so that it is consistent.

Maximum distance for a charging station in a city. What's a city? And I don't care as we only charge at home, but there's no answer for this.

State of charge. This varies day by day and week by week. There's no standard or even average answer to this other than ''when we get home, and depending on our intended use in the next day'.

I tried completing the survey but couldn't give the answers I wanted to certain questions.

Firstly income - I don't know it in $, you should do the conversion so that it is consistent.

Maximum distance for a charging station in a city. What's a city? And I don't care as we only charge at home, but there's no answer for this.

State of charge. This varies day by day and week by week. There's no standard or even average answer to this other than ''when we get home, and depending on our intended use in the next day'.

Hi, thank you for your time!

Income is in $, but that question is not mandatory.

City is in this context highly populated space - not like a village (maybe too apstract, but just to emphasise importance of charging infrastructure).

As for the state of charge, this is just a random scenario, for example, in my home country EV charging is free, if I am currently in a car and remaining soc is 25%, I would go for an extra 3-5 km to charge EV. Try to think of this as a average non EV user that is afected by range anxiety phenomenon. This survey is aimed towards them, now, our agenda is to give this survey to people who already own EV to see how they perceive SoC and remaining range in given scenario, which is once again not real-life situation.

I would be extremely gratefull if you could finish the survey.

I'm with you on this one. And some others, I would kindly suggest the OP to review this survey and revise the questions;
a. They are too open and require manual input
b. Some are impossible to answer and have now way out as they are mandatory.

I wish you the OP luck but I won't continue either.

Started then abandoned as I felt that some of the questions were too complicated. Wasn’t entirely sure what some of them meant so not sure how to answer. So gave up.

Cheers,

Nigel

I've come to this a bit late, so I hope it's still Ok to respond.

To my mind, the questions don't tackle the real issue of range anxiety. They concentrate on a predicable daily routine, which you can plan for and decide an EV will either work for you or it won't. It also ignores the possibilities of charging at home. Don't get me wrong, though. It's not my research, and you may well have good reasons for narrowing it down.

We have just decided to go the EV route, but only as a second car for the multitude of local journeys. It will be charged at home. For that we don't even need a huge range. I cannot image any scenario in the near future in which an EV would be suitable as our only vehicle. And for us the issue is most definitely range anxiety.

If and when EV range, charging times and availability of charging points approach gas/diesel levels then we would consider it. But there's no sign of that at the moment.

I'm beginning to wonder if hydrogen fuel cells aren't gong to turn out to be a better bet anyway. In theory they are already, but I guess we're in Betamax/VHS territory by now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom