Range of Squeezebox etc

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by bergkamp10, Oct 5, 2004.

1. bergkamp10

bergkamp10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me what the wireless ranges of the following are? Having trouble digging up info on these.

thanks

Squeezebox
    Roku M2000

Go easy on me I am new !!?!?

I am looking for a system for streaming music (different for each room) to a number of rooms in my 3 storey house, hence the question on range.

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    standard wireless b standard for both...its really dependant on where you are using them and how much the signal has to go through.

3. GavinBrowne

GavinBrowne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Bergkamp10,

If it's any help, I have a couple of Netgear MP101's and my wireless access point is in the attic. One of the players is in the lounge on the ground floor of my 2 storey house. That effectively makes the access point and player 3 floors apart and the connection is fine all the time.

I like the MP101's as they are great value for the money and work perfectly. My only complaint is that the display is a bit small. I think the Roku M2000 looks fantastic and am very tempted to get one of them.

Cheers,

Gavin.