1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random transparent yellow patches on Sony KV-32FQ75

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jojo, Jul 11, 2003.

1. jojo

jojo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have received a ‘second hand’ Sony KV-32FQ75 U from one of the big department stores but the picture is hopeless mainly thanks to random transparent yellow patches which can appear anywhere on the screen. Up to half or more of the screen area can be affected at any one time. This yellow staining seems particularly attracted to skin tones and gives people a nasty jaundice look. White or light colour walls in interior scenes will also be affected. Underwater scenes and scenes with smoke in them are also favoured but I want to stress that this is a problem which affects most of my viewing, no matter what the subject matter is.

This problem is present no matter what the source (inc. DVD’s) and on all Scart inputs. Have briefly tried placing the TV in another part of the room where it is away from radiators and any electrical kit but the problem remains. Any ideas as to what the solution might be?

The set also has difficulty with the red to blue gradient background used in BBC 2’s Newsnight program. Instead of a smooth gradient the set displays bands of colour which move about and ‘shimmer’. Is this a problem with the DRC processing, certainly I cannot see any difference in the quality of the picture when DRC 100 processing is on or off. Is this normal, surely there should be a visible difference in image quality with DRC on!

Like many FQ75 sets this one also suffers from poor focus down the left hand side.

Thanks for any help ...

2. icap55

icap55

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a Sony KV32FX65U which suffered from a purple patch on the bottom right hand side of the screen.
    Called mastercare out about 4 times, had it in the workshop, even had the tube replaced! the colour still came back.
    2 weeks ago an engineer came, took the back off, and proceeded to "twiddle" with what looked like 4-5 collars at the neck of the tube. each "Twiddle" turned the screen into various colours, shapes and sizes.
    Eventually the patch was cleared.
    What i am saying is that my tube just needed adjusting, i do however have a blurring on the left side of the screen, which also looks like a faint shadow on bright colours.
    This must be curable by "tweaking" looks like i will be calling Mastercare out again! good job i got the cover!!!