Random Shadows on LG TV

arashtrip

Novice Member
Hi I have an old LG 42" TV (2013 model).

Recently, I noticed that in one specific area of the screen (top close to the left edge of the screen) there is a random vibrating shadow. It is not always there and it is not related to any external device or cable as I checked them and it happens even when I am seeign TV (and not a movie from the DVD player or USB). I changed the setting from ECO to normal and it happened again.

As said, it is completely random. I may not see it for hours.

Any idea that what is it and how serious is that?

fluxedman

Sounds like the panel might be failing, to be frank im amazed you lasted a TV for almost 10 years sounds like its an LCD TV almost.

Maybe some pics would help otherwise I don't advise to repair it you know how LG 43" 4K TVs with 6 years warranty from Richer sounds going for 200 quid (price shows up when free VIP registered)

arashtrip

Novice Member
Sounds like the panel might be failing, to be frank im amazed you lasted a TV for almost 10 years sounds like its an LCD TV almost.

Maybe some pics would help otherwise I don't advise to repair it you know how LG 43" 4K TVs with 6 years warranty from Richer sounds going for 200 quid (price shows up when free VIP registered)

Thanks. I am myself amazed how did I last it for 10 years :D
I am not going to repair it. I hoped that it would be a software issue but if it is hardware I am going to buy a new one

fluxedman

Thanks. I am myself amazed how did I last it for 10 years :D
I am not going to repair it. I hoped that it would be a software issue but if it is hardware I am going to buy a new one

Doubt its an software issue, only thing you can really do is factory reset and unplug and leave off maybe overnight and retry in the morning, if its still there its more then likely a hardware panel issue.

Screens do sadly get weird shadows, marks, clouds, patterns or blobs on screen, usually its the panel always.

You got more life out of it frankly then 90% of the people I know ;)

I recommend Costco (90 day return policy beats anyone, also excellent returns in general) and Richer sounds 2nd with their 6 year warranty on all TVs, if you are looking for a new TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom