Random power offs when playing COD

Sunshinewelly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having any issues with their series x. Mine keeps on powering off when playing campaign. Seems OK on multiplayer though. The campaign freezes and then system knocks off with controller still on

It's happening constantly now in COD campaign

Its not just series x, happens on one x too. I've not experienced mine powering off though.

My one and mates x have both done it, result of an even shoddier release than normal...

It began happening on my Series X immediately after Friday’s patch, had no issues at all the first week, since I disabled ray tracing it’s not happened again.

Mine started doing it after the last patch. I can play for a few minutes before the game freezes and either shuts the game down or the entire console turns itself off.

I've not tried any other modes other than the campaign as I like to get that done first before attempting multiplayer.

I saw online some people suggest turning off ray tracing or redownloading the game and neither has worked.

Hopefully they release a patch soon as I really want to get to finishing that campaign.

Happening on all systems. Turn off ray tracing. It improves things. Not had any crashes in MP with RT off.

How do you turn ray-tracing off?
In the game go to settings then graphics then disable ray tracing. Assuming you are on series X.

If you are on SX and don’t have the ray tracing option it’s because you have the Xbox One version installed and that does have even more issues playing on the SX so first you need to change that and install the correct version.

Have a look on reddit... not a xbox series x issue, pc's , xboxs, playstations happens on them all.

In the game go to settings then graphics then disable ray tracing. Assuming you are on series X.

If you are on SX and don’t have the ray tracing option it’s because you have the Xbox One version installed and that does have even more issues playing on the SX so first you need to change that and install the correct version.
You are correct, I managed to buy the One X version. Got a refund now. Guess I will wait to buy it until it's fixed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom