Random POP sounds on Black Ops (anyone with headset help)

elim

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, this is really annoying me, i keep hearing these pop type sounds in black ops, im not sure if its to do with my headset/setup (sharkoons), or if its to do with the game.

Im not sure what triggers the sound, it seems to be random, i would probably hear the sound, every 1 in 8 games or so. but its BLOODY annoying.

its happened to me through optical and normal red and white cables, i know it may not sound loud but anyone whos uses a gaming headset like me, it sounds a milion times worse and annoying.

Ive also noticed if i replay the clip over and over on theatre mode it wont happen each time, it will happen about 2 in 10 times i watch the clip. If anyones ever heard it, plese post. you can also add my psn account where ive uploaded another clip in theatre mode for yourselves to test if you hear the sound.

heres an example clip, listen closely around 11-12 seconds.

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

its just after i crouch and get up

Last edited:
Is it by any chance the bulbs popping when an explosion goes off near by..

Is it by any chance the bulbs popping when an explosion goes off near by..

im not sure what you mean, listen to the clip and you will be able to hear it

I was tempted to say it might be a sniper rifle, they sound awful in this game, but I think its bullets hitting the walls around you.

Have you changed the sound options to headset ? I noticed when I set up
My sub account you can have tv, surround sound system or headphones, I haven't used thrbsetting with my px 21's so it's just a suggestion

I was tempted to say it might be a sniper rifle, they sound awful in this game, but I think its bullets hitting the walls around you.

i dont think so, it doesnt happen everytime i replay the clip, its either my settings or a bug in the game

Have you changed the sound options to headset ? I noticed when I set up
My sub account you can have tv, surround sound system or headphones, I haven't used thrbsetting with my px 21's so it's just a suggestion

i used the surround sound setting for black ops as i have 5.1 headset sharkoon, i shall try the tv setting, and get back to you

settings didnt make a difference for the game

i have my sharkoons set to headphones quiet on the audio settings.i really like the sound now.it seems to sound meatier than when i first played the game.but i do get a very faint pop every now and then on my headphones too.

i have my sharkoons set to headphones quiet on the audio settings.i really like the sound now.it seems to sound meatier than when i first played the game.but i do get a very faint pop every now and then on my headphones too.

im not alone !!!

thank you :thumbsup:

i shall try quiet setting as well, is yours on surround?

im not alone !!!

thank you :thumbsup:

i shall try quiet setting as well, is yours on surround?
no,i have mine set on headphones and quiet.there is not much difference between the quiet and loud settings really.loud is a bit more echo sounding.but i do prefer the headphone setting to surround.its more of an in ear sound if that makes any sense.

no,i have mine set on headphones and quiet.there is not much difference between the quiet and loud settings really.loud is a bit more echo sounding.but i do prefer the headphone setting to surround.its more of an in ear sound if that makes any sense.

thats what i ment, is yours on surround headphones with quiet setting

I have noticed this too, I hear it all the time even through my TV speakers. No idea what it is...

thats what i ment, is yours on surround headphones with quiet setting

Yep,surround headphones on quiet settings.

i reckon this is a bug, and becuase its a small bug, i hope treyarch notice it. shall post this on the official forums

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom