Random Playstation credit received today

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had an Email advising me that £4 was added to my playstation wallet today?

IMG_20230214_073319.jpg

Has anyone else had this?

I'm going to be changing my passwords at lucnhtime just to be safe

I don't have any payment options linked to my account & only ever top up with prepaid card so I should be ok but seems really weird to me

I did go into the App & it shows that the deposit was by a prepaid card & the card number but I have no idea where it's come from lol

Just wondering if I'm the only one or if it's a deal for everyone...internet search shows no results...not that I really know how to search for it anyway lol

Neil

Unusual - if you double check be sure to do it directly by going direct to the source. Be sure not to click any links in the email itself, as this is a typical ploy where scammers will mimic popular retailers and state something unusual, like your Netflix or Prime membership will end unless you immediately update your details. In reality it could be some tit in some other country hoping you unknowingly give them your personal details.

It might well be legit, but I just get in the habit of never clicking any links in emails and rather check directly.

Too good to be true is usually too good to be true.

Unusual - if you double check be sure to do it directly by going direct to the source. Be sure not to click any links in the email itself, as this is a typical ploy where scammers will mimic popular retailers and state something unusual, like your Netflix or Prime membership will end unless you immediately update your details. In reality it could be some tit in some other country hoping you unknowingly give them your personal details.

It might well be legit, but I just get in the habit of never clicking any links in emails and rather check directly.

There were actually no links on the email so I didn't have anything to click
I went into the transaction history through the PS5 & it actually showed that the deposit was from a top up card & gave me the card number that was used

It's so weird lol

Too good to be true is usually too good to be true.

My thoughts too ;)

Do you have 2 factor authentication set up on your PSN account?

I do, it's linked to my phone so I get the Text to input the 6 digit code any time I do anything & as I mentioned before there are no cards linked to my account, I have never added credit or debit cards to any of the online gaming services & only even top up with prepaid cards brought from store or online.

I did change my password the other day just to be sure anyway

Thanks for the responses though guys I appreciate it

Neil

I do, it's linked to my phone so I get the Text to input the 6 digit code any time I do anything & as I mentioned before there are no cards linked to my account, I have never added credit or debit cards to any of the online gaming services & only even top up with prepaid cards brought from store or online.

I did change my password the other day just to be sure anyway

Thanks for the responses though guys I appreciate it

Neil
I was under the impression you have to be logged in, in order to redeem credit on your account, so no idea how they could do this without the 2 factor code.

Haven’t looked, but can you ‘gift’ credit to someone based on their PSN name? ie send £4 credit to PSN user ‘Soundwave’

I was under the impression you have to be logged in, in order to redeem credit on your account, so no idea how they could do this without the 2 factor code.

Haven’t looked, but can you ‘gift’ credit to someone based on their PSN name? ie send £4 credit to PSN user ‘Soundwave’

So was I, which is why it's so odd

I did look up last night but once you add "Gift" to anything PSN search related you just get hundreds of hits for the Gift Cards themselves & little else lol

Oh well, all seems ok & as before no bank details on my account so hopefully I'll be good

Neil

It isn't a refund for anything is it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom