Random Pioneer question

simonph

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Am gonna buy a Pioneer NS-DV99. Just had a look on their website and noticed they're running a promotion where I get 3 free dvd-audio discs with the system.. Trouble is that Richer Sounds don't have the leaflets necessary to send off for the discs..
Does anyone know if I would be able to send off for a leaflet? Or just send the receipt with a letter?

Thanks in advance.. :)

Problem solved.. They're sending me a leaflet in the post.

I bought a pioneer dv-99 the other week from richer sounds, it’s a great system and it runs totally silent however long you use it for, because the amp is in sub woofer.

I purchased it from Richer sounds and I was impressed, although I had to drive 40 miles to a store with stock, because the week after I bought it they dropped the web price by £20 and I went back to my local store and they refunded me the cash.

And now you say I can get some free dvd’s, who do I contact for this leaflet.

hi,
the number for pioneer is 01753 789500 and the promotion is from the 10th Jan to the 29th of Feb. just explain they didn't have any leaflets and they should post one to you. did you say richer sounds will price match their web price? they've quoted me £399 for the multi region when its £373 on the web.

When I bought a jvc home cinema system they matched their web price, the guy just took my word for it didn’t even check ! But I took it back because of the noisy fan.

I paid 399 for the dv-99 then noticed on web last week they had dropped price to 382.95 so got money back. The offer on money back last two weeks apparently, so wont get any more cash back now.

Cheers m8.. Will go armed with a printout of the web price just in case! Oh and the voucher for a free mug! :eek:

Got the system yesterday and am loving it so far.. Gr8 sound for movies and music.

can you confirm please if the surround speakers each have 2 drivers in them all the specs quote 1x8.7 driver but the spec in the downloaded manual say1x8.7 and 1x5.2 thanks

i got the list of free dvd audios

Alice cooper - billion dollar babes
America - homecoming
George benson - breezin'
Carly simon - no secrets
Chicago - chicago II
Billy cobham - sprectrum
Donald fagen - the nightfly
Doobie brothers - captain and me
Emmylou harris - producers cut
Foreigner - foreigner
Grateful dead - working mans dead
Grateful dead - american beuty
Groover washington winelight
Harnoncourt - bach
Linda ronstadt - what's new
Randy newman - little criminals
Rem - automatic for the people
Frank sinatra - live at the sands
The band - the last waltz
Yes - fragile

None of them jump out at me, but i am willing to give them a listen, are any of these "classic" must haves.

Get Billion Dollar Babies. That's Alice Cooper the group not the 80's c*ck rock solo artist.
The drummer, Neal Smith, is one of my drumming heroes. Damn good album that one.

Please let us know how you get on with the DVD-A's as I'm hoping to buy a Pioneer NS-DV1000 before the end of the month and I'll hopefully get the same offer you did.

Cheers.

What Hi-Fi sound and vision reckoned the Dv99 Was better than the DV1000 you could buy a lot of DVD's and DVD-A;s with the few 100 quid difference

Originally posted by jaymac
What Hi-Fi sound and vision reckoned the Dv99 Was better than the DV1000 you could buy a lot of DVD's and DVD-A;s with the few 100 quid difference

Better sounding or better value for money?

I must admit the flat panel speakers of the DV990 are attractive but the base unit is ugly in a 'kidding-on-it's-classy-Sony-stylee-white".

Besides the DV1000 can be found at seriously discounted price online, just a little more than the RRP of it's cheaper sibling.

Beter sounding they said check out the 99 before you go for the1000 they would choose the 99 the1000 sub lets it down. What about the 990 its got even slimmer speakers and they are NXT

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom