Random thought.

Why do we only really eat Onion bulbs?
I know there are a tiny few other things we eat which are sort of bulbs, but given the millions? of plants which grow from a bulb, and that's all an Onion is. The bulb of a plant.
Why is it only really the Onion Bulb we decided to eat?

Random thought.

Why do we only really eat Onion bulbs?
I know there are a tiny few other things we eat which are sort of bulbs, but given the millions? of plants which grow from a bulb, and that's all an Onion is. The bulb of a plant.
Why is it only really the Onion Bulb we decided to eat?

Spring onions? I eat the white bulb and the greens.

Spring onions? I eat the white bulb and the greens.

Well yeah, but it's kinda still an onion ;)

I like those also, but I chop an amount of the tatty end off before it gets on my my plate.
Salt and Salad cream helps ;)

Yet still, there are millions of bulbs I'm sure, just wondered why we only really eat onion bulbs for the most part.

Mine is just a very small one, but it gets the job done.

tenor.gif

Last year, I joined a support group for anti-social people.

We haven’t met yet.

In my late teens and 20's my shoe size was normally a size 8, sometimes a 9. If anyone ever asked me I would say 9.

For the last couple of years I've been mostly wearing Vans, but these are size 10. I put that down to them being American sizes, but recently had to buy a pair of shoes which were also a size 10.
Are my feet still growing or have shoe sizes changed?
Has anyone else noticed this?

In my late teens and 20's my shoe size was normally a size 8, sometimes a 9. If anyone ever asked me I would say 9.

For the last couple of years I've been mostly wearing Vans, but these are size 10. I put that down to them being American sizes, but recently had to buy a pair of shoes which were also a size 10.
Can't say I've ever seen your feet, so can't comment........ :devil: :D

Most distant quasar discovered sheds light on how black holes grow Quasar JO313 - 1806 is more than 13 Billion Light Years from Earth!😯 It was formed when the universe was just 690 Million years old. It is equivalent to the mass of 1.6 Billion suns and it is 1,000 times brighter than our entire Milky Way Galaxy!😯 It grew relatively quickly after The Big Bang!

Well, personally I'd like to try and keep any of my flesh protuberances away from hot gas jets of fire.

I sometime use Oxy Acetylene at work in a, if I'm honest very dangerous way due to oil on floor and people around me, so I have a good sense of what it's like to be aware of what the hell you are doing, and I guess, that looks like a mini light-sabre :D
Yeah, but they don't really care unless someone, one-day has a really nasty accident.
Harsh, but it's true in many areas. :(

If you believe what you're doing is dangerous to yourself or others, you have a duty to act on that - in fact, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, you have a legal obligation to protect yourself, your colleagues and members of the public from harm which my be caused by your actions or omissions.
Simply shrugging your shoulders and blaming management personnel for a future accident that you could avoid by your own actions or by speaking up isn't really good enough.

My employer encourages us to report all 'don't walk by', 'near-miss', or actual accidents, with the thinking being that for every workplace fatality, there will be so many near misses unreported and even more 'don't walk by' incidents (a rug being folded over could be an example of a 'don't walk by').
If a company breeds a culture of reporting even minor things, it lowers the chance of something really serious, even fatal happening.
A worker using Oxy Acetylene dangerously and admitting it simply wouldn't happen at our organisation - our culture simply isn't one of burying heads in the sand and crossing our fingers, which still does exist in workplaces where people make stupid comments like:

'It's 'elf and safety gone mad ain't it?'

I'm not sure why people actively engage in behaviour that might result in themselves or a colleague/ friend not going home at the end of the working day. It's really sad.

To everyone out there suffering from anxiety, just know that you are not alone: there’s someone behind you.

Like clothes they seem to vary by brand etc. Since I was 14, I have been in size 12/13 shoes, although some size 12s fit perfectly other size 12s are far too small.

'It's 'elf and safety gone mad ain't it?'
Like you, I've always disliked it when people say stupid thing like this. I was once told that the UK had the 2nd best workplace Health & Safety in terms of incidents in the world (behind Switzerland?) but I don't think this is good enough. We should strive to be first!

When a child waves goodbye to a parent as they go off to work in the morning, they should expect them to return home later that day safe and well. When my kids start work, I want their workplace to be as safe an environment as possible.

Most utterances of 'It's 'elf and safety gone mad ain't it?' are usually the response to a lack of understanding and poor application of the H &S rules - not the fault of the rules themselves.

Magnetars from Space.com "Get too close to one (say, within 1,000 kilometers, or about 600 miles), and the magnetic fields are strong enough to upset not just your bioelectricity — rendering your nerve impulses hilariously useless — but your very molecular structure. In a magnetar's field, you just kind of … dissolve." 😁😉

Like you, I've always disliked it when people say stupid thing like this. I was once told that the UK had the 2nd best workplace Health & Safety in terms of incidents in the world (behind Switzerland?) but I don't think this is good enough. We should strive to be first!

When a child waves goodbye to a parent as they go off to work in the morning, they should expect them to return home later that day safe and well. When my kids start work, I want their workplace to be as safe an environment as possible.

Most utterances of 'It's 'elf and safety gone mad ain't it?' are usually the response to a lack of understanding and poor application of the H &S rules - not the fault of the rules themselves.
As we've seen in the last year, a lot in reality is people thinking "the rules don't apply to me I'll be okay" and then they're not.

Ignoring rules and regulations is probably a huge portion of the problem.

But stronger incentives to abide by rules are needed. Perfect example is what I saw in the USA with roadworks - if workers were present when you're caught speeding, the penalty was doubled.

So basically I agree with you!

As we've seen in the last year, a lot in reality is people thinking "the rules don't apply to me I'll be okay" and then they're not.

Ignoring rules and regulations is probably a huge portion of the problem.

But stronger incentives to abide by rules are needed. Perfect example is what I saw in the USA with roadworks - if workers were present when you're caught speeding, the penalty was doubled.

So basically I agree with you!
Speaking to my Daughter this afternoon in Belgium and they're sending offenders who break the rules to prison and fining them. Apparently a group of youths were having a party on NYE and they were arrested, I think she said they went down for nine months plus the fine. Maybe we could learn a lesson.

Speaking to my Daughter this afternoon in Belgium and they're sending offenders who break the rules to prison and fining them. Apparently a group of youths were having a party on NYE and they were arrested, I think she said they went down for nine months plus the fine. Maybe we could learn a lesson.
Only problem is that our prison system is practically over capacity! Scrotes know it as well.

Only problem is that our prison system is practically over capacity! Scrotes know it as well.
I'm sure there are plenty of unused industrial units that can quickly be converted, luxury and comfort shouldn't be considered just basics.

I'm sure there are plenty of unused industrial units that can quickly be converted, luxury and comfort shouldn't be considered just basics.
You're not wrong. But we probably need to find a way to stop needing as many prison places as we currently rely on!

Because the court system has been cut back, many are waiting trial.

Giant flare sweeps through solar system after powerful explosion, scientists say It is a giant flare called GRB 200415A. It is a Magnetar and it came from a powerful neutron star, which is 11.4 Million Light Years away from earth😯. It burst past Mars, and it lasted just 140 milliseconds. Some stars, when they explode, they leave behind a small compact star called a Neutron Star. These are tiny, they could be packed into a space 12 miles across, but they are so dense that just a spoonful could weigh tons!😯👍😉🌍

Last edited:
Important Question:

I've pondered this a few times, and it's a shame if this is true:
Do you feel we're probably discovered/invented everything, really basic and fundamental that we ever will, or will for a long long LONG time?

Right now it's feeling like all the new things we have and are looking forward to are just engineering challenges, nothing really fundamental.

Things we see in the movies, like Anti-Gravity, Time Travel, Faster than light (warp) speed, Teleportation, are just not possible.

We'll get better cars, planes, food, phones, AR glasses, health etc, but it's just fiddling with stuff we already know.

We have Microwave ovens, Internet/Computers, we learned how to fly, and a rocket in space (which is just a fancy Chinese firework really)

The only thing I can think of which would dramatically change things from a fundamentally human perspective, and one that I'm sure it 100% possible is feeding the brain with signals directly as opposed to via our sensory organs.
That's doo-able for sure, it's just working out exactly how.
Much like AI, also possible it's just making it good enough to be convincing.

But Anti-Grav? You can't invent that. And I can't see it's a lack of understanding that's stopping anti-grav either :(

Anti-grav is good in science fiction but there is no basis in physics.
Yet but don't wait.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom