But putting a 100w directly at his tv aerial would do that, stick to omni directional then there's no problems:rotfl:
we left there in 2000 so they must have found someone else to blame for weather flares ups etc...our omni directional antenna was good for general listening but transmit in that location was straight into the next door but ones TV ... ..we know because we saw steam coming out of his chimney.....we have the tower here and same antenna and have no issues in five years ...so far...

we left there in 2000 so they must have found someone else to blame for weather flares ups etc...our omni directional antenna was good for general listening but transmit in that location was straight into the next door but ones TV ... ..we know because we saw steam coming out of his chimney.....we have the tower here and same antenna and have no issues in five years ...so far...
Not good for friendly neighbourhood relations :blush: Constant tvi can cause problems.

Funnily enough I said to my Wife I'd like to put up a tower in my back garden the other day. She didn't say much, but I got the distinct impression it may not be a good move:thumbsdow, so a mast on the side of the house and one on the garage is all I'm going to be able to have.

Not good for friendly neighbourhood relations :blush: Constant tvi can cause problems.

Funnily enough I said to my Wife I'd like to put up a tower in my back garden the other day. She didn't say much, but I got the distinct impression it may not be a good move:thumbsdow, so a mast on the side of the house and one on the garage is all I'm going to be able to have.

A wise friend once told me 'If your wife says 'Do what you fudging like', she doesn't actually mean 'Do what you like'' :rotfl:

A wise friend once told me 'If your wife says 'Do what you fudging like', she doesn't actually mean 'Do what you like'' :rotfl:

Whaaaat? Next you'll be telling us when they say they are 'fine' they are the opposite of fine.

We set the tower up in a place that was the least visible to our neighbour but when he saw it he did remark on it!
If your other half could get interested in the hobby you will find it all changes.

Attachments

• antenna1.JPG
    antenna1.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 33
I'm a Grandpa as of 9.51pm Wednesday 23rd September 2020

:):D:laugh::rotfl::clap::):D:laugh::rotfl::clap::):D:laugh::rotfl::clap::):D:laugh::clap:

We set the tower up in a place that was the least visible to our neighbour but when he saw it he did remark on it!
If your other half could get interested in the hobby you will find it all changes.
That's a nice beam you've got there, which bands are you on?

Ther's a couple of others on here who have used hf and other bands, but I don't know of any other hams.

I mainly use 2mtr and 70cms and dmr. I've just had a 6mtr triband installed and will try that band.

:hiya:

That's a nice beam you've got there, which bands are you on?

Ther's a couple of others on here who have used hf and other bands, but I don't know of any other hams.

I mainly use 2mtr and 70cms and dmr. I've just had a 6mtr triband installed and will try that band.

:hiya:
The coax is not connected at this moment as work in progress it needed to be moved...Not had a lot of time for Ham Radio lately but would work 20 metres more than any. Husband had a good Italian friend that he chatted to regualary but since he passed away and another close mate also died he really lost interest.
We do not have French call signs either.

Never worked 2 metres or 70cms but know a few people in the UK who do because we started on CB where we joined a lot of clubs and therefore met a lot of radio interested people. Many went on to study for their ham licences and we kept in contact and still do with a few. Call sign is G4ZSR and Husband's is G4YZL and likely still listed as living in Bexhill on Sea.

The coax is not connected at this moment as work in progress it needed to be moved...Not had a lot of time for Ham Radio lately but would work 20 metres more than any. Husband had a good Italian friend that he chatted to regualary but since he passed away and another close mate also died he really lost interest.
We do not have French call signs either.

Never worked 2 metres or 70cms but know a few people in the UK who do because we started on CB where we joined a lot of clubs and therefore met a lot of radio interested people. Many went on to study for their ham licences and we kept in contact and still do with a few. Call sign is G4ZSR and Husband's is G4YZL and likely still listed as living in Bexhill on Sea.
Not having co-ax connected or a French call sign can inhibit using your rig.

It's unfortunate that the old call signs are going silent key, but at least there's a lot of new call signs coming on here which is good. All the radio shops are very busy though customer service is terrible.

From your call sign you problably took your RAE around the same time as me, early 80's and like you I started on cb.

My call sign is G6ZSN, but I don't use hf as I'm not set up for it, it's bad enough getting a uhf/vhf signal here. Though DMR is good for long distance chats, though some on here and out in the wide world don't think its proper ham radio as your using the www through repeaters. Still everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Not having co-ax connected or a French call sign can inhibit using your rig.

It's unfortunate that the old call signs are going silent key, but at least there's a lot of new call signs coming on here which is good. All the radio shops are very busy though customer service is terrible.

From your call sign you problably took your RAE around the same time as me, early 80's and like you I started on cb.

My call sign is G6ZSN, but I don't use hf as I'm not set up for it, it's bad enough getting a uhf/vhf signal here. Though DMR is good for long distance chats, though some on here and out in the wide world don't think its proper ham radio as your using the www through repeaters. Still everyone is entitled to their opinion.

There is Echolink on the PC....have you tried it?

QRZ is a web page with info about Amateur Radio Callsigns
Yes I know of it, but untill the lockdown I wasn't very active, also our local repeater isn't very active and you don't hear many unknown call signs on there. Dmr has changed all that.

going to the pub means one gives the landlord access to your medical records but far worse, you just gave your gp access to your drinking records. :D

Curious in who sent me a letter with no postage on, so I have to pay £2. If its a load of toot, I won't be happy

^^ Had that once; had letter stamp on am A4 package. We actually saw the sender in person before going to collect it from the sorting office :mad:

^^ Had that once; had letter stamp on am A4 package. We actually saw the sender in person before going to collect it from the sorting office :mad:
98% of my stuff posted to me are from organisations either using prepaid envelopes or a franking machine

The COVID vaccine should be tried on the House of Commons first.
If the M.P’s live - the vaccine is safe.
If they don’t - the country is safe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom