Aaaaaaaand it's @Tempest :p

Thanks.
Well it's true though. I can't prove I'm alive, neither can I prove any of you exist, you may just be all creations of my mind.
You could well be figments of my imagination.
Or some computer generated data.

As I said a while ago. Imagine this scenario.
You get to the age of 85ish, and after a long illness in bed, you close your eyes for the last time and it all goes black.
Seconds later, light shines in your eyes, as the salesman in Currys removes the headset and says.
"There I told you it was amazingly realistic"
Upon questioning the sales guy, he says "oh you've only had the headset on for 5 mins"
And you only thought you'd try it as the wife was next door looking for some shoes.

Thanks.
Well it's true though. I can't prove I'm alive, neither can I prove any of you exist, you may just be all creations of my mind.

You get to the age of 85ish, and after a long illness in bed, you close your eyes for the last time and it all goes black.
Seconds later, light shines in your eyes, as the salesman in Currys removes the headset and says.
Upon questioning the sales guy, he says "oh you've only had the headset on for 5 mins"
And you only thought you'd try it as the wife was next door looking for some shoes.

Why would someone make a tedium simulator?

Why would someone make a tedium simulator?

Perhaps it's an openworld, and you just got the crappy free demo trial version to test in store.
If you buy the full package you are actually rich, attractive and all the women love you ;)

Perhaps it's an openworld, and you just got the crappy free demo trial version to test in store.
If you buy the full package you are actually rich, attractive and all the women love you ;)

If I was rich enough in the real world to afford that version I wouldn't need the game.

Anyway I'm bored of this now - the latest Lockdown season has worn out its welcome. How do I get back?

Thanks.

You’ve been watching too much Star Trek. One episode was exactly that! Good ol’ Picard lived the life of some all gone race in the space of a few minutes.

There's many that discover to the theory that life almost certainly is a simulation. The odds say that living in the actual "real life" when simulations are possible is very unlikely.

Thanks.

Maybe you’re just brain dead?

You’ve been watching too much Star Trek. One episode was exactly that! Good ol’ Picard lived the life of some all gone race in the space of a few minutes.

There was also a Deep Space Nine episode where O'Brien was (wrongly) convicted to serve 20 years in prison by some aliens who thought he was a spy, but served them virtually in a few hours of real time - he then left 'prison' the same day but haunted by the memories of a 20 year ordeal.

Last edited:
Perhaps when we have the sense of Déjà vu it's because we're played this same game more than once, and we're remembering fragments of one of the previous times we played it?

Make mental note: Pick a better title next time!

Mind you (serious point to make) being born in the UK during this amazing time. changes in health/tech/social may be one of the better titles to select from, when one considers lives millions of others have and do still have!

Perhaps when we have the sense of Déjà vu it's because we're played this same game more than once, and we're remembering fragments of one of the previous times we played it?
Sounds like 'Edge Of Tomorrow' (Tom Cruise)

...my musing for this week actually is whether throwing down £400+ on an Xbox One X console is a little over the top or whether I should just go for the cheaper Xbox One S version instead (had an Xbox One back in the day but sold it years ago but now want to replay all my old games!) which is only £200 (I have no intentions of purchasing the new Xbox console on the horizon)?!

I can play some of these on my Windows 10 laptop but due to limited storage space, I can only have 1 game installed at a time!

🤔

...my musing for this week actually is whether throwing down £400+ on an Xbox One X console is a little over the top or whether I should just go for the cheaper Xbox One S version instead (had an Xbox One back in the day but sold it years ago but now want to replay all my old games!) which is only £200 (I have no intentions of purchasing the new Xbox console on the horizon)?!

I can play some of these on my Windows 10 laptop but due to limited storage space, I can only have 1 game installed at a time!

🤔

Its the worst time to buy the current gen consoles, demand has gone up over these few months where people have been at home which has coincided with Microsoft stopping production and clearing out stocks.
If you're not in urgent need of it I'd say wait until there is more news on next gen, its rumoured there will be an entry model at £300 which will be fully backwards compatible so it seems silly to drop £400+ on an older model. Also as more news comes out people will start selling or trading in their current consoles to put towards next gen so used prices will drop. You should already be able to get one for under £300.

Sounds like 'Edge Of Tomorrow' (Tom Cruise)

Every day with Emily Blunt - that is one loop I wouldn't want to break out of.

I had my boss, at one of my three jobs, come and rant at me for putting flowers in her pots that were full of weeds.

Needless to say I'm looking for another part time job.

I had my boss, at one of my three jobs, come and rant at me for putting flowers in her pots that were full of weeds.

Needless to say I'm looking for another part time job.

Ahh, the old Weed vs Flower puzzle.
Never quite grasped the criteria here.
Pretty much feels like, if you don't like it, it's a weed ;)

Ahh, the old Weed vs Flower puzzle.
Never quite grasped the criteria here.
Pretty much feels like, if you don't like it, it's a weed ;)
The definition of a weed is a plant in the wrong place.

There's more to it than what I put in my post though.

I was in Nairobi, less than 800metres from this ....

View attachment 1330607View attachment 1330608

I then missed 9/11 by a few hours - getting home from New York just as the first aircraft hit.

But a few months later, was in Lagos for this....

View attachment 1330609

...spending several hours sheltering in a drainage ditch from the explosions! The blasts would literally take your breath away! Suffered a spot of PTSD after this one - would wake up screaming for a few months! Not pleasant.

...oh the glamour of my job!

I used to fly regularly from Manchester Airport to Aldergrove back in the 70's, BAC 1-11s.

One week I thought I'd have a change and flew instead from Blackpool. Can't remember the type but it was a high-wing twin prop.

Got to cruising height and a strange whistling noise starting coming from the back of the aircraft - seemed to be coming from the door. Bit of toing and froing of cabin crew, and then the pilot/FO wandered down to have a look. I turned and watched, as he banged and pushed the door a bit, then he kicked the door, seemed satisfied, and wandered back to the flight deck. All OK.

I wouldn't have been too bothered, but this was a few weeks after the Turkish Airlines DC-10 went down near Paris, due to an improperly closed cargo door blowing off, leading to loss of control cables and loss of aircraft!

I think I held my breath, waiting for the worst, until we touched down at Aldergrove :eek:.

I have just done 14.5 mph on my hybrid bike on the flat! Not bad!😉🙂

One week I thought I'd have a change and flew instead from Blackpool. Can't remember the type but it was a high-wing twin prop.

It'll have been one of these.....

Gill Air 1.jpg

Albeit, I think it was 'Janes' that flew them from Blackpool. It's a Shorts SD330, and that's me, a brand new FO - so new I didn't even have a proper uniform, I'm still wearing the garb I used to instruct in!

And I'm still in touch with both the skipper and cabin crew, 30+ years later!

...and the reason the pilot would be kicking the door so nonchalantly, is because they're not pressurised - so no chance of the door suddenly 'blowing out'.

On pressurised aircraft, when the door seals aren't functioning properly, it's quite common to just wet some paper towels and ram them in the gaps. They freeze and hey presto! No more whistling! :D :smashin:

But we do get some strange looks from passengers when we're doing that!

The days of tying a piece of string to the handle and handing the other end to a passenger, telling them 'not to let the door blow out' are long gone unfortunately - that sort of jape seems to be frowned upon nowadays! 😈

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom