I still buy physical media for film. I prefer the picture quality. What would I put on my shelves if I had no blu rays ? :D

Wow! Textures and Colour graduation, as long as it’s a half decent picture on a large screen smart tv I don’t think many punters care. :D

My wife falls into that category.

Philistines!

Blu-ray discs can provide much higher peak bit rates so the encoding can be higher quality than streaming content. There will always be room for physical media with me.
Feel free to browse ;)

*toddles over*

Good stuff there but the ones to my taste went earlier.

I've got a load of DVDs in the attic too... as well as a load of music ones... I should take them to a charity shop, but I don't really want to part with the music ones tho...

the film ones are from the early 2000s like adaption, memento etc..

Well, maybe not. But with the rise of streaming services, I think less people are using BluRay discs. I've certainly not watched one in quite some time.

Never owned a BluRay disc. Bought my daughter the orignal Star Wars trilogy a couple of years ago for Christmas, but whilst she seemed keen at the time, it's now sat in a drawer in my bedroom. I've still never even watched a bluray!

Never owned a BluRay disc. Bought my daughter the orignal Star Wars trilogy a couple of years ago for Christmas, but whilst she seemed keen at the time, it's now sat in a drawer in my bedroom. I've still never even watched a bluray!

Doug the DVD

I don’t think I’ve watched a bluray either. Complete waste of money along with DVD’s. Luckily I realised quickly back in the day that when I bought a DVD I would watch it then stick on a shelf to gather dust never to be watched again. :D

You don't use coasters for your coffee mug then?

I don’t think I’ve watched a bluray either. Complete waste of money along with DVD’s. Luckily I realised quickly back in the day that when I bought a DVD I would watch it then stick on a shelf to gather dust never to be watched again. :D

yep... there's only a few films you can watch over and over - but even they have an upper limit of ~5 ime...

cd's on the other hand... :)

Life is too short to watch the same Films dozens of times. But each to their own.;)

Life is too short to watch the same Films dozens of times. But each to their own.;)

I get this.

BUT, surely there are times when a movie is almost "designed" to be watched multiple times. I'm looking at you "Sixth Sense"! :) ..

Then there are ones that you love to quote along with. Pulp Fiction, Die Hard, perhaps?!

Theirs the ones that just make you laugh, no matter how many times you've heard the jokes, Blazing Saddles, Life of Brian, The Cornetto Trilogy ...

... the ones that leave a warm fuzzy feeling in you, It's a Wonderful Life, The Wizard of Oz

... the ones that you grew up enjoying... 12 Angry Men, Where Eagles Dare....

Just my penneth worth.

:thumbsup:

BUT, surely there are times when a movie is almost "designed" to be watched multiple times. I'm looking at you "Sixth Sense"! :) ..

One of the few films I have watched more than once :)

I'm guessing we should add the limits together then?

Seen at a local roundabout

1580907206562.png

^road going vehicles, 40mph

hover type vehicles, ala D'lorean, Hover board from Back to the Future, "cars" from the 5th Element etc ... 30mph

Obvs! :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom