Just got a knock at the door.

I was in the garden and opened the back door to see who it was. There was a man asking if I wanted the front garden mowed. There was another man in his van watching this. I told him I've been working, but I have a petrol lawnmower so I'm good.

He got bit aggresive and asked if he can aleast give me a quote. So I said go ahead,. He offered £80 to mow the lawn. The grass isn't even that high. I said mate, I'm good. I can do it myself when it isn't raining.

Then he asked how much I was willing to pay. I said I don't need you mate, I'm good.

Then he got shirty with me. "Couldn't you at least help me out? I need some money mate". This man was in his 60s.

I feel sorry for any elderly people he must be harrasing.

I was surprised to see this in my area. I've noticed a lot of werid things happening around here recently.

There must be lead in the water supply or something.
If that happened to me I'd report it to the police to let them know someone is in the area doing that stuff. As you say it's harassment.

Early today one of my friends posted a meme containing a pic of the old style McDonalds Big Mac polystyrene box. On seeing this meme I instantly wanted a Big Mac, checked to see on my delivery app what time they were opening for delivery, but managed to convince myself to very quickly run down to the kitchen and eat some leftover curry instead.

McDonalds is the only food that induces this type of response in me, it’s happened many times where I’ve unintentionally seen a pic or an ad or even just someone online mention the word ‘McDonalds’ or a discussion about it and it immediately makes me want it, at times I’ve actually gone and gotten it.

Has anyone else had this type of experience with McDonalds (or anything else? Chocolate perhaps?)?

(And no I’m not interested in hearing the usual clichés about how you’d prefer to eat the polystyrene box or the present day cardboard box instead of a McDonalds burger).

So sorry for your loss. You must have had amazing times with Justin over 17 years.

Thank you, we have been reminiscing about him all day with lots of tears flowing unashamedly.
Myself and my wife were there when he was born and we held him at the end.
He was so named because he was not breathing when he came out but we managed to rub him vigorously and give him a good shake when he suddenly burst into life therefore 'Justin' time.

17 years of unconditional love and memories and now more tears. :(

Early today one of my friends posted a meme containing a pic of the old style McDonalds Big Mac polystyrene box. On seeing this meme I instantly wanted a Big Mac, checked to see on my delivery app what time they were opening for delivery, but managed to convince myself to very quickly run down to the kitchen and eat some leftover curry instead.

McDonalds is the only food that induces this type of response in me, it’s happened many times where I’ve unintentionally seen a pic or an ad or even just someone online mention the word ‘McDonalds’ or a discussion about it and it immediately makes me want it, at times I’ve actually gone and gotten it.

Has anyone else had this type of experience with McDonalds (or anything else? Chocolate perhaps?)?

(And no I’m not interested in hearing the usual clichés about how you’d prefer to eat the polystyrene box or the present day cardboard box instead of a McDonalds burger).
I have never eaten a big mac, dont even know what is in it to make it not a normal burger. Would normally get something else in mcdonalds the odd time im in it

Thank you, we have been reminiscing about him all day with lots of tears flowing unashamedly.
He was so named because he was not breathing when he came out but we managed to rub him vigorously and give him a good shake when he suddenly burst into life therefore 'Justin' time.

Have you a photo you could share so we can see what a gorgeous boy he was?

When I lived in Chicago the nearest Jack in the Box was about 306 miles away (St. Louis) and I just wanted a Buttery Jack. Yes I have driven to St Louis with the express intention of going to a Jack in the Box ;)

Here in Germany I have a craving for a WhataBurger. I have a trip to New York in a month but I think Georgia may the the closest one

and 17 wonderful years for Justin that he literally wouldn't have had without you and like at the start of his life it was your hands on him at the end letting him feel your love.
Sending you love and hugs for your loss and despite the tears and hurt now you wouldn't swap the last 17 years for anything

New show on the BBC tonight. It makes a change from repeats or yet more episodes of shows that should have been cancelled long ago.

and 17 wonderful years for Justin that he literally wouldn't have had without you and like at the start of his life it was your hands on him at the end letting him feel your love.
Sending you love and hugs for your loss and despite the tears and hurt now you wouldn't swap the last 17 years for anything

Thank you for your kind words.

This is one of our most loved photo's taken many years ago.
Justin is on the right with the blue collar, attached to me at the hip as you can see.
The fluff ball in the middle was Gussie, his sister whom we lost almost 4 years ago to the day.
And on the left in Mo, their mother.

dogs 1-1.jpg

Thank you for your kind words.

This is one of our most loved photo's taken many years ago.
Justin is on the right with the blue collar, attached to me at the hip as you can see.
The fluff ball in the middle was Gussie, his sister whom we lost almost 4 years ago to the day.
And on the left in Mo, their mother.

View attachment 1568643
oh I adore Jacks, he deffo was a daddy's boy 😍

I'm no expert but I would say 'have' one goal

Group is singular, so I believe 'has' is correct.

'These groups of Xbox gamers with disabilities have one goal'

I could be totally wrong though, I was never taught English grammar at school.

When I lived in Chicago the nearest Jack in the Box was about 306 miles away (St. Louis) and I just wanted a Buttery Jack. Yes I have driven to St Louis with the express intention of going to a Jack in the Box ;)

Here in Germany I have a craving for a WhataBurger. I have a trip to New York in a month but I think Georgia may the the closest one
You are my kinda gal Laureline 😂

I’m rather partial to the Sourdough Jack myself.

I had the pleasure of being re-acquainted with Whataburger over the summer, and to my very pleasant surprise there was also an In-N-Out in the same town, so went there in the same week. I was so happy! Though honestly by the end of my trip I was sick of eating…

Is it a secret? :)
Sorry! Good point.

The Cleaner, BBC1 21:30, starring Greg Davies (from Inbetweeners, Taskmaster and other stuff involving a very tall comedian). Helena Bonham Carter is in it too.

Greg Davies is a crime scene cleaner, which I'm sure will be funnier than it sounds. That will be interesting to see in action as my mum's ex-husband used to do that job and I sometimes used to help out.

You develop a very strong stomach and get very good at cleaning, In fact you can click on a spoiler image of someone's ear wax while eating your tea and still carry on eating afterwards.

It's spider and slug season. The latter are also more prominent esp if you have loose back yard slabs outside the back door.

It's spider and slug season. The latter are also more prominent esp if you have loose back yard slabs outside the back door.
Had to remove 3 large spiders from the car before i could open the door yesterday. And had to remove an even larger one from my pants when i was getting my gym kit in from the washing line!

Had to remove 3 large spiders from the car before i could open the door yesterday. And had to remove an even larger one from my pants when i was getting my gym kit in from the washing line!
They seem to love the side mirrors on my car. Always covered in cobwebs.

When you try to sign-up on the Slimming World website, why does it ask you to ‘accept cookies’?

No wonder why such people fail at the first hurdle.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom