Random musings that don't warrant their own thread

spinaltap

Distinguished Member
Got my Pfizer jab last Friday. The experience was similar to queueing for the January Sales.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
What country do I live in?

Just adding some addresses to a database and there is a country line to add.

Now I could put UK (united kingdom)
Or I could put GB (great britain)
But these both feel wrong as I'm in England, so England should be there for my Country.

Or should it?

Hixs

Distinguished Member
UK ya wee bellend aye baaaaa potato innit

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

Doug the D

Distinguished Member

:eek:
Playing around making something that explodes in any way and then describing it as the 'freakest of freak accidents' when something goes wrong is a bit daft imo. I think the phrase 'If you play with matches, you get burned' is more fitting methinks.

Poor bugger though :(

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Playing around making something that explodes in any way and then describing it as the 'freakest of freak accidents' when something goes wrong is a bit daft imo. I think the phrase 'If you play with matches, you get burned' is more fitting methinks.

Poor bugger though :(

Needs adding to the Wikipedia page for 'unnecessary deaths' along with:

Was also a Dad-to-be (and Dad).

Doug the D

Distinguished Member
Needs adding to the Wikipedia page for 'unnecessary deaths' along with:

Was also a Dad-to-be (and Dad).

A .50 calibre Desert Eagle from a foot away :eek:

Not much is stopping that bad-boy, certainly not an encyclopaedia, hard back or not (do you get paperback encyclopaedia?).

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
A .50 calibre Desert Eagle from a foot away :eek:

Not much is stopping that bad-boy, certainly not an encyclopaedia, hard back or not (do you get paperback encyclopaedia?).

You'd think like if in doubt, let's at least fire it through a book without a person behind it first. Tell you what, do it in front of your TV. If that makes you think twice DON'T FIRE IT AT YOURSELF.

Doug the D

Distinguished Member
You'd think like if in doubt, let's at least fire it through a book without a person behind it first. Tell you what, do it in front of your TV. If that makes you think twice DON'T FIRE IT AT YOURSELF.
Or, crazy idea I know - don't use firearms at all outside of a proper gun/ rifle range! Yet another (if we need it) reason to take firearms out of the hands of untrained civilians.

My wife commented the other day that if we lived in the states, she'd have a gun. I explained to her that most people killed by firearms in the states are shot with their own weapon - iirc that might even have been the case for NYPD police officers at one point in time.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Or, crazy idea I know - don't use firearms at all outside of a proper gun/ rifle range! Yet another (if we need it) reason to take firearms out of the hands of untrained civilians.

My wife commented the other day that if we lived in the states, she'd have a gun. I explained to her that most people killed by firearms in the states are shot with their own weapon - iirc that might even have been the case for NYPD police officers at one point in time.

When I say "do a dry run test first" I assume the participants have already failed every other sanity check going, like - "this is not a good idea".

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Can you take a wild guess at what I thought when I 1st saw these?

Tempest

Distinguished Member

To be fair, it's easy to live in the UK and pick fun of those in the US is all areas who own a gun for home protection.
There are some VERY remote areas in the US where people have homes, and it's not your local police who will turn up in 10 mins job as in the UK.
If I lived way away in the sticks, and basically had to consider protecting a family myself, then I'd get some firearms probably also.
If you cannot rely on the police coming within any reasonable time you need to consider what you will be able to do alone.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Can you take a wild guess at what I thought when I 1st saw these?

Weed...

Everyone knows that a grow shop/hydro shop is aimed at weed growers. Ti's all legal goods though, so grow and be be merry ;}

Tempest

Distinguished Member
I'm obviously in a very different wavelength as I was hoping one of these would be able to grow a Mammoth :(
I feel very let down by the misleading title of the product.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Shave ya balls and pva the results on an elephant

Winner winner

Chadford

Distinguished Member
2021-02-09_06h07_38.jpg

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I do love Calvin & Hobbs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology

Latest News

Sony announces A90J UK/EU price and March availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M3x Vinyl phono stage
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
SVS launches 1000 Pro Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett