Random musings that don't warrant their own thread

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Aaaaaaaand it's @Tempest :p
Thanks.
Well it's true though. I can't prove I'm alive, neither can I prove any of you exist, you may just be all creations of my mind.
You could well be figments of my imagination.
Or some computer generated data.

As I said a while ago. Imagine this scenario.
You get to the age of 85ish, and after a long illness in bed, you close your eyes for the last time and it all goes black.
Seconds later, light shines in your eyes, as the salesman in Currys removes the headset and says.
"There I told you it was amazingly realistic"
Upon questioning the sales guy, he says "oh you've only had the headset on for 5 mins"
And you only thought you'd try it as the wife was next door looking for some shoes.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Thanks.
Well it's true though. I can't prove I'm alive, neither can I prove any of you exist, you may just be all creations of my mind.

You get to the age of 85ish, and after a long illness in bed, you close your eyes for the last time and it all goes black.
Seconds later, light shines in your eyes, as the salesman in Currys removes the headset and says.
Upon questioning the sales guy, he says "oh you've only had the headset on for 5 mins"
And you only thought you'd try it as the wife was next door looking for some shoes.
Why would someone make a tedium simulator?

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Why would someone make a tedium simulator?
Perhaps it's an openworld, and you just got the crappy free demo trial version to test in store.
If you buy the full package you are actually rich, attractive and all the women love you ;)

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Perhaps it's an openworld, and you just got the crappy free demo trial version to test in store.
If you buy the full package you are actually rich, attractive and all the women love you ;)
If I was rich enough in the real world to afford that version I wouldn't need the game.

Anyway I'm bored of this now - the latest Lockdown season has worn out its welcome. How do I get back?

mjn

Distinguished Member
Thanks.

You’ve been watching too much Star Trek. One episode was exactly that! Good ol’ Picard lived the life of some all gone race in the space of a few minutes.

Freestyler8

There's many that discover to the theory that life almost certainly is a simulation. The odds say that living in the actual "real life" when simulations are possible is very unlikely.

deantown

Distinguished Member
Thanks.

Maybe you’re just brain dead?

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
You’ve been watching too much Star Trek. One episode was exactly that! Good ol’ Picard lived the life of some all gone race in the space of a few minutes.
There was also a Deep Space Nine episode where O'Brien was (wrongly) convicted to serve 20 years in prison by some aliens who thought he was a spy, but served them virtually in a few hours of real time - he then left 'prison' the same day but haunted by the memories of a 20 year ordeal.

Last edited:

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Perhaps when we have the sense of Déjà vu it's because we're played this same game more than once, and we're remembering fragments of one of the previous times we played it?

Make mental note: Pick a better title next time!

Mind you (serious point to make) being born in the UK during this amazing time. changes in health/tech/social may be one of the better titles to select from, when one considers lives millions of others have and do still have!

nvingo

Perhaps when we have the sense of Déjà vu it's because we're played this same game more than once, and we're remembering fragments of one of the previous times we played it?
Sounds like 'Edge Of Tomorrow' (Tom Cruise)

deans6571

...my musing for this week actually is whether throwing down £400+ on an Xbox One X console is a little over the top or whether I should just go for the cheaper Xbox One S version instead (had an Xbox One back in the day but sold it years ago but now want to replay all my old games!) which is only £200 (I have no intentions of purchasing the new Xbox console on the horizon)?!

I can play some of these on my Windows 10 laptop but due to limited storage space, I can only have 1 game installed at a time!

🤔

Miss Mandy

...my musing for this week actually is whether throwing down £400+ on an Xbox One X console is a little over the top or whether I should just go for the cheaper Xbox One S version instead (had an Xbox One back in the day but sold it years ago but now want to replay all my old games!) which is only £200 (I have no intentions of purchasing the new Xbox console on the horizon)?!

I can play some of these on my Windows 10 laptop but due to limited storage space, I can only have 1 game installed at a time!

🤔
Its the worst time to buy the current gen consoles, demand has gone up over these few months where people have been at home which has coincided with Microsoft stopping production and clearing out stocks.
If you're not in urgent need of it I'd say wait until there is more news on next gen, its rumoured there will be an entry model at £300 which will be fully backwards compatible so it seems silly to drop £400+ on an older model. Also as more news comes out people will start selling or trading in their current consoles to put towards next gen so used prices will drop. You should already be able to get one for under £300.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Sounds like 'Edge Of Tomorrow' (Tom Cruise)
Every day with Emily Blunt - that is one loop I wouldn't want to break out of.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member