Quantcast

Random musings that don't warrant their own thread

Dwayne Dibley

^road going vehicles, 40mph

hover type vehicles, ala D'lorean, Hover board from Back to the Future, "cars" from the 5th Element etc ... 30mph

Obvs! :rolleyes:

:thumbsup:

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
I get this.

BUT, surely there are times when a movie is almost "designed" to be watched multiple times. I'm looking at you "Sixth Sense"! :) ..

Then there are ones that you love to quote along with. Pulp Fiction, Die Hard, perhaps?!

Theirs the ones that just make you laugh, no matter how many times you've heard the jokes, Blazing Saddles, Life of Brian, The Cornetto Trilogy ...

... the ones that leave a warm fuzzy feeling in you, It's a Wonderful Life, The Wizard of Oz

... the ones that you grew up enjoying... 12 Angry Men, Where Eagles Dare....

Just my penneth worth.

Never watched Sixth sense

deantown

Distinguished Member
I get this.

BUT, surely there are times when a movie is almost "designed" to be watched multiple times. I'm looking at you "Sixth Sense"! :) ..

Then there are ones that you love to quote along with. Pulp Fiction, Die Hard, perhaps?!

Theirs the ones that just make you laugh, no matter how many times you've heard the jokes, Blazing Saddles, Life of Brian, The Cornetto Trilogy ...

... the ones that leave a warm fuzzy feeling in you, It's a Wonderful Life, The Wizard of Oz

... the ones that you grew up enjoying... 12 Angry Men, Where Eagles Dare....

Just my penneth worth.

Tried to watch Life of Brian ( a film I really liked when it came out) a couple of weeks ago, sadly I couldn’t be ar*ed with it. Once I’ve seen a Film that’s it for me.

DIYlady

Distinguished Member
Need you fine folks to tell me if I'm being simple again.
I have a product which requires dilution, on the label is states the ratio as 1:3, I interpret that as 25% product to 75% water, would you agree?
That's the correct way to do it, but doing it that way a 1:1 would be a 50% solution, not undiluted. What is the product @494930
Most of us generally read 1:3 as 1 to 3. But for diluting (as for gradients), I think it is better read as 1 in 3. Ie one part of product in three parts of final mix. So in your 3 litres of mix you have one litre of product, which means only two litres of water (Or whatever you‘re using to dilute)

This then makes 1:1 be one litre of product in one litre of mix, ie undiluted, which makes more sense.

it’s why maths and science teachers nag pupils about units; if you are looking a ratios you need to know what the ratio is of. In this case (probably) product in final mix, as opposed to product to water.

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
Most of us generally read 1:3 as 1 to 3. But for diluting (as for gradients), I think it is better read as 1 in 3. Ie one part of product in three parts of final mix. So in your 3 litres of mix you have one litre of product, which means only two litres of water (Or whatever you‘re using to dilute)

This then makes 1:1 be one litre of product in one litre of mix, ie undiluted, which makes more sense.

it’s why maths and science teachers nag pupils about units; if you are looking a ratios you need to know what the ratio is of. In this case (probably) product in final mix, as opposed to product to water.
I thought it was for every 1 you needed 3 of the other. So I'd end up with 4. 1:3 in my mind is 1part:3parts.

DIYlady

Distinguished Member
I thought it was for every 1 you needed 3 of the other. So I'd end up with 4. 1:3 in my mind is 1part:3parts.
Not for solutions though, it’s 1part product:3part solution.
It’s all about the units. In this case product and solution rather than product and solute.

nvingo

There must be something about being a TV presenter or being filmed for movies and television, that makes ones 'gay' side dominant.
Or maybe individuals with more 'camp' personalities, find it easier to get such jobs.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Ive seen the movies, this is how it starts with a signal, NY goes out first

TaurusDevil

Hollywood actors just do your job and act, don't stand up and make stupid speeches at the Oscars. Sit the fudge down and shut the fudge up!🤬🤔

mjn

Distinguished Member
How quickly times have changed.... eh ? :(

Good films? There’s a Seagal film in plain view! Not even hid at the bottom of the pile!! :laugh:

mjn

Distinguished Member

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member