Quantcast

Random musings that don't warrant their own thread

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I wasn't talking about blocks, more about textures and colour graduation.
But yes, some people want something to moan about.

deantown

Distinguished Member
Wow! Textures and Colour graduation, as long as it’s a half decent picture on a large screen smart tv I don’t think many punters care. :D

tommitch

Blu-ray discs can provide much higher peak bit rates so the encoding can be higher quality than streaming content. There will always be room for physical media with me.
Feel free to browse ;)

Doug the D

Distinguished Member
Well, maybe not. But with the rise of streaming services, I think less people are using BluRay discs. I've certainly not watched one in quite some time.
Never owned a BluRay disc. Bought my daughter the orignal Star Wars trilogy a couple of years ago for Christmas, but whilst she seemed keen at the time, it's now sat in a drawer in my bedroom. I've still never even watched a bluray!

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Never owned a BluRay disc. Bought my daughter the orignal Star Wars trilogy a couple of years ago for Christmas, but whilst she seemed keen at the time, it's now sat in a drawer in my bedroom. I've still never even watched a bluray!
Doug the DVD

deantown

Distinguished Member
I don’t think I’ve watched a bluray either. Complete waste of money along with DVD’s. Luckily I realised quickly back in the day that when I bought a DVD I would watch it then stick on a shelf to gather dust never to be watched again. :D

reiteration

I don’t think I’ve watched a bluray either. Complete waste of money along with DVD’s. Luckily I realised quickly back in the day that when I bought a DVD I would watch it then stick on a shelf to gather dust never to be watched again. :D

yep... there's only a few films you can watch over and over - but even they have an upper limit of ~5 ime...

cd's on the other hand... :)

Dwayne Dibley

Life is too short to watch the same Films dozens of times. But each to their own.;)
I get this.

BUT, surely there are times when a movie is almost "designed" to be watched multiple times. I'm looking at you "Sixth Sense"! :) ..

Then there are ones that you love to quote along with. Pulp Fiction, Die Hard, perhaps?!

Theirs the ones that just make you laugh, no matter how many times you've heard the jokes, Blazing Saddles, Life of Brian, The Cornetto Trilogy ...

... the ones that leave a warm fuzzy feeling in you, It's a Wonderful Life, The Wizard of Oz

... the ones that you grew up enjoying... 12 Angry Men, Where Eagles Dare....

Just my penneth worth.

:thumbsup:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
BUT, surely there are times when a movie is almost "designed" to be watched multiple times. I'm looking at you "Sixth Sense"! :) ..
One of the few films I have watched more than once :)