Ran out of HDMIs!

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Quick question for showing the SWITCH on a tv.

Ive ran out of HDMI's on my tv, as the SWITCH only shows in 720p on a tv (?), can you use something like this cable to use the SWITCH via the component input?

DIGIFLEX HDMI Male to 5 RCA RGB Audio Video AV: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

o9f2SE2.png

Sorry of this is a stupid question

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I didnt want a switch as all the hdmi inputs are 4K, so it makes me buy a 4K switch for a 720 image and adds expence.

Im looking at buying a 4K tv which only had 3 inputs, and i have Skyq, Xbox S & PS4 pro. so all my hdmi inputs are took up with 4K sources

I put the switch into the xbox S hdmi input the other day, actually works ok, but i feel a slight bit of lag. which puts me off a bit.

batfinkus

I didnt want a switch as all the hdmi inputs are 4K, so it makes me buy a 4K switch for a 720 image and adds expence.

Im looking at buying a 4K tv which only had 3 inputs, and i have Skyq, Xbox S & PS4 pro. so all my hdmi inputs are took up with 4K sources

I put the switch into the xbox S hdmi input the other day, actually works ok, but i feel a slight bit of lag. which puts me off a bit.

This one is only £25 and switches 4k inputs?

Neet® 4K HDMI Switch 4 x 1 with IR - 3D 4k x 2k - USB: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

-Gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Just noticed what you said in your post.
Nintendo Switch shows at 720p on its own screen and a maximum of 1080p on a TV screen.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Just noticed what you said in your post.
Nintendo Switch shows at 720p on its own screen and a maximum of 1080p on a TV screen.
Thanks i did wonder that, i really dont want to go down the switcher route.

Thanks for everyones replys, ill have to go via the xbox, i only us eon the tv accationally anyway.

pixlrik

I bought a switcher off Amazon for a mate and it auto switches between the 3 inputs depending on what is powered on and off and reverts to other sources when one is switched off. It was only a few quid and works great. I don't know if it would work with 4K or not but it works with XB1, PS4 and Switch all on one input.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom