Rampage 4K UHD Blu-ray Review & Comments

Simon Crust

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Couple of errors in the review. You state it’s finished at 4K then say it’s an upscale. You also say you reviewed Tomb Raider instead of Rampage?

Couple of errors in the review. You state it’s finished at 4K then say it’s an upscale. You also say you reviewed Tomb Raider instead of Rampage?

Thanks, I should have noticed them on proofing; they're corrected now.

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it, but was shocked at the film's 12A rating. Great action and some lovely little nods to the game which made me chuckle.

I must have a crap Atmos setup as I didn't think the audio was amazing.

Awesome movie , leave your brain at the door and get stocked up with plenty of Stella on a Saturday night.

Awesome movie , leave your brain at the door and get stocked up with plenty of Stella on a Saturday night.
:thumbsup::beer:
It will be a Bunch of Kronen Pils for me! Thanks for the review by the way, Simon. It's nice just to watch something that involves zero thought occasionally; And I LOVED playing the game as a child... Ahem....A couple of years ago... :D

It's crap. But entertaining crap.

Rakuten offered the 4K version for £7 and the picture is very good.

watchable forgettable junk, just like Jumanji. severe lack of quality new movies worth owning these days

Enjoyable film! Given that AV Forums has stopped reviewing 3D, I can say that 3D is excellent and gives a good depth without being overbearing.

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it, but was shocked at the film's 12A rating. Great action and some lovely little nods to the game which made me chuckle.

I must have a crap Atmos setup as I didn't think the audio was amazing.

Just wondering why you were shocked at the 12A rating. Too high? Too low?

I'm a sucker for loud, dumb fun and this is one of the loudest and dumbest in ages. It delivers exactly what it says on the tin and does it so well. Thank you Dwayne Johnson, Film God.

It's quite violent for a 12-year old.

Thanks for heads up. I think it depends on the 12-year-old! Kids today, etc. I think what swung the rating is that kids can tell fantasy from reality, have probably played this game and far worse already and the whole thing is so beyond far fetched.

Just wondering why you were shocked at the 12A rating. Too high? Too low?

Too low, mate. I won't go into details as it's still a new film, but pretty violent in parts and one (admittedly funny) very rude bit at the end.

Too low, mate. I won't go into details as it's still a new film, but pretty violent in parts and one (admittedly funny) very rude bit at the end.

For me it's cartoonish violence in the Looney Tunes vein and I suspect that is what gained it the 12A rating. I've forgotten what the very rude bit at the end is, can you reveal it under a spoiler tag?

sexual hand jesture

Thanks. I don't remember it but that would certainly count towards any rating. It's why you don't get them in Disney and Pixar films ;)
Disney edited The Rockin Roller Coaster ride video, only took em 17 years :)

Disney edited The Rockin Roller Coaster ride video, only took em 17 years :)

Disney own Marvel. Next time you watch any film that has Tom Hiddleston's Loki in it, listen carefully should he fling an insult at someone.

Formulaic ‘pap’ held together by Dwayne Johnson’s charm. The audio is impressive....That’s about it. 5/10

Rented this on the Apple TV over the weekend, and just about managed to finish it over two days.

Absolute rubbish. 3/10. So glad I didn't waste £25 on a disc for this crap.

Anyone owning Rampage UHD. Can you please check the opening Warner Bros intro when the movie starts. Does it look clean without any artifacts? On mine, I see grey bands/clouds swarming on parts of the screen. The bit rate was hovering around 7 Mlbps. I am seeing similar artifacts in Apollo 13 UHD

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom