1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rambo 1 Special Edition!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Plastikman, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Plastikman

Plastikman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya!!

Has anyone got this R1 Disc? I see it had DTS/DD, anaphormic picture. Thinking of getting it but would like to know what the picture and sound are like.

Thankyou

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just got the region 2 bog standard release for a tenner and the picture and sound is superb (some really beautiful landscape shots in that film) can't imagine the R1 SE would be worse.

3. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
  4. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I was impressed overall, the picture is very nice and the doc is good, plus the film is a good watch. I picked it up from Movietyme for about £11 I think - easy recommendation. A shamless plug, but here's my take on it: First Blood

Cheers

5. 7 of 9

7 of 9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is movietyme any good, im thinking about starting to use them as i noyiced they have some cheap prices, but i read on www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk that there postage time are stupid up to ten weeks or more is this true they good value and worth using another thing i noticed is on this website u cant find out any information about any disks from searches e.g. im thing about sometime getting armageddon r3 dts versiot but ic find out any info about this title e.g. english soundtrack.
    p.s. im a big fan of ur website wwwe.electronicreality.co.uk i love the reviews and news section i go to ur site regurly, will u ever if so when will u be reviewing armageddon r3 dts version

6. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I have to say, I'm not the biggest Armageddon fan (I hate it :D) but there is every chance it'll be reviewed on my site in the future....

[​IMG]

As for buying the above, well it can be obtained from Movietyme (who I use all the time by the way), but the price is around £60. It can also be bought from www.sazuma.com for around £49 before shipping, but I'm not sure what they're are like in terms of reliability. On their site, they confirm that Armageddon DTS is anamorphic and contains English language tracks.

BTW, glad you like the site :)

I hope this helps.

7. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +847
    Don't use Sazuma, they used to sponsor our splatterhouse website and they're totally unreliable regarding anything at all. I certainly wouldn't give them my money in the hope that I'd actually see something in return for it. They were OK once, but that was a long time ago.
    Honestly, they'll cause more headaches than they're worth. Steer well clear.

8. 7 of 9

7 of 9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tee: thank u for all ur help on these subjects.