• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ram

Jaybo1973

Standard Member
Hi guys

My PC is getting on a bit now and I want to give it a bit of a boost. I am going to upgrade the RAM. At present, I have one stick of 1GB Kingston, 512mhz DDR2. (KVR533D2N4/1G)

Prefebly, I would like to put a 2GB stick in (to make a total of 3GB), but I have read that it works in pairs so I need another the same, is this so? if so, I guess i should of had 2 in the first place.

Something odd i have found on my system is that SIW says that the RAM is 233MHZ?? odd as I know it is 512MHZ and that DDR2 doesnt come in that size.

My MOBO is a K9N Neo V1. MS-7260, will this be ok running Windows 7 as I am thinking of upgrading the OS to??

Thanks guys

mamb0

Standard Member
Try downloading CPUz and looking at your current RAM Speed.

It looks like your board doesnt support dual channel so get whatsevere sticks you want but i wouldnt go over 800Mhz to be safe

Jaybo1973

Standard Member
Hi, thanks for reply. Already got ram now and just got the 1gb, it is dual channel. Downloaded CPU-Z, it says DRAM frequency 251.3MHZ.

Also is the SPD section of CPU-Z it says my RAM is in slot 1 and 3. This is not the case, they are in DIMM1 and DIMM 2.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom