1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ram To -R......Help !!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SIP, Jul 16, 2004.

1. SIP

SIP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

Have been following the excellent advice on how to convert Ram to DVD-R using TMPG Enc Author as posted, with great success.
    The problem I have is when I copy my camcorder footage to Ram, edit it, then put it in the PC to convert. I get the error message "Mixed Video Fomat" (or words to that effect) - which says that the programme contains both 16:9 and 4:3 footage, which it does not. I have copied VHS & SVHS to the author programme, and have had no problems, but with home video, I do. The Ram disc contains no other programmes but my home video, so I dont see where the problem is.
    Any help would be greatly received

Cheers

SIP

2. runningback

runningback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    it will probably be enough if you just choose insert file rather than insert video
    in TMPG.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    A common error - and one which I shall be inserting into the guide when I get 5mins!

This is caused by the VBR of the recorder switching between the lower and high resolutions allowed by the VR specification. To stop it doing this goto Functions/Settings and look for the option "Hybrid VBR Resolution" - this needs to be set to "FIXED".