Quantcast

RAM to PC ...edit then to RAM again method

Merlin

Standard Member
I shall be writing my captured vhs and Hi8 footage from my Panny EH50 to DVD-RAM . This will be a .vro file. If I use DVD-R then it will be .vob and will require treatment with DVD Decrypter prior to using VideoReDo http://www.videoredo.com/FAQs/ExtractStreamsFromDVD.htm

VideoReDo has nothing but praise for it I see and its best at avoiding audio sync issues with vhs capture etc.

Also good to know that I dont need avi files in order to edit well.

A reviewer says "I acknowledge the positives of the former reviewers here. Looks simple but works like an oiled tool. Very clever, settable interface and cuts/joins your MPEG's mocking all those who say that may only be done right in AVI's. Makes very reliable stuff for DVDLab and Ulead's DVDMF 3 (the last one creates immediate errors in cutting/joining mpeg). I'm gonna buy it.. "

Having used it for editing my VRO files off my DVD-RAM disc from my Panny EH50 DVD/HDD combo, I wonder how I can write the edited file back to the DVD-RAM, it needs to be a VRO file again and....

Rasczak said a while ago

"There are dozens of programmes that support VR mode: Ulead, Nero 6.0 and Pegasys TMPG Products to name a few. Not many people want to convert to VR mode which is why not many apps support it."

I have Pegasys TMPGEncDVD Author 1.6 but their website mentions writing only as ifo or VOB. I see no mention of DVD-RAM media either. Is it possible to use this prog to write vro back to dvd-ram for the panny eh50 to again read it ? Is anyone able to confirm its readable ? What will do this for sure ?

Merlin

Top Bottom