1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAM to PC ...edit then to RAM again method

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Merlin, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Merlin

Merlin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I shall be writing my captured vhs and Hi8 footage from my Panny EH50 to DVD-RAM . This will be a .vro file. If I use DVD-R then it will be .vob and will require treatment with DVD Decrypter prior to using VideoReDo http://www.videoredo.com/FAQs/ExtractStreamsFromDVD.htm

VideoReDo has nothing but praise for it I see and its best at avoiding audio sync issues with vhs capture etc.

Also good to know that I dont need avi files in order to edit well.

A reviewer says "I acknowledge the positives of the former reviewers here. Looks simple but works like an oiled tool. Very clever, settable interface and cuts/joins your MPEG's mocking all those who say that may only be done right in AVI's. Makes very reliable stuff for DVDLab and Ulead's DVDMF 3 (the last one creates immediate errors in cutting/joining mpeg). I'm gonna buy it.. "

Having used it for editing my VRO files off my DVD-RAM disc from my Panny EH50 DVD/HDD combo, I wonder how I can write the edited file back to the DVD-RAM, it needs to be a VRO file again and....

Rasczak said a while ago

"There are dozens of programmes that support VR mode: Ulead, Nero 6.0 and Pegasys TMPG Products to name a few. Not many people want to convert to VR mode which is why not many apps support it."

I have Pegasys TMPGEncDVD Author 1.6 but their website mentions writing only as ifo or VOB. I see no mention of DVD-RAM media either. Is it possible to use this prog to write vro back to dvd-ram for the panny eh50 to again read it ? Is anyone able to confirm its readable ? What will do this for sure ?

Merlin