Ram problem

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by FixMyProblemlol, Dec 22, 2011.

1. FixMyProblemlol

FixMyProblemlol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, Well recently my old computer stopped working, idk why, it turns on but doesnt send the monitor a signal, but the monitor works on this pc, anyways thats not the problem. this computer though, has only 248mb of ram. so i was gonna buy some more, but after i got my old ram sticks from the other pc, and put them in this one, i realized that wouldn't work.

So if you guys could help me find out which type of ram is campatible with my pc, that would be great. i'll type out the information DirectX Diagnostic tool gives me.

General
    OS: Microsoft windows xp professional (5.1, build 2600)
    Compaq Presario061
    System Model: pn223aa-aba sr1222nx NA440
    Bios: Bios Date: 08/27/04 13:45:15 Ver: 08.00.10
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.93GHz
    Memory: 248mb Ram
    Page file: 309mb used, 666mb available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

And if you see anything else that could be fixed, which im sure their is, could you show me what to get etc. i want to be able to play games again :(

much appreciated. :)

EDIT:Also, i'll be on this thread like a hawk, cause i need to get this information before xmas.

Another Edit: i was googleing just some of the stuff i typed up there, and im not sure if this would be the right one, if someone could confirm it --> http://www.18004memory.com/system_model.asp?modelid=18845

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. FixMyProblemlol

FixMyProblemlol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    come on guys 100+ views and not one reply? :\

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  3. RockSteddie

RockSteddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
  4. EndlessWaves

EndlessWaves
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,340
    None of the above information tells us what type of memory it has, except for the HP/Compaq model number which you should be able to look up on the HP website and find the specifications for which will tell you the types of memory that was fitted to that model

Alternatively, CPU-Z Should give you the specific information about what's installed in your exact PC.

Given it's a pentium 4 with a small amount of memory I'd have guessed it was an early one with RDRAM rather than DDR(1) but that's not conclusive.