• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be down from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for quite some time while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Ram got me confused

scott R

Novice Member
I had a stick of ram arrive today 1GB it shows as 1GB in my Bios and Windows but when i look at it with sandra or Aida with my origional stick also in Aida shows Physical memory as 2046MB but under the SPD tab it shows module size 512mb 1 row 4 banks in Sandra it also shows as bank 4 1GB but lists the type as 512. Everything else shows i have added 1GB to the system but these mentionings have me concerned if i have 512 instead.

tomd84

Novice Member
What motherboard do you have? i have come across cheaper ones that have problems communcating with program like sandra, and what does it attually say in the windows bit?

overkill

Distinguished Member
If it shows the right amount in Windows and the BIOS then stuff SiSandra. I have not time for that piece of crapware.

tomd84

Novice Member
I had a stick of ram arrive today 1GB it shows as 1GB in my Bios and Windows but when i look at it with sandra or Aida with my origional stick also in Aida shows Physical memory as 2046MB but under the SPD tab it shows module size 512mb 1 row 4 banks in Sandra it also shows as bank 4 1GB but lists the type as 512. Everything else shows i have added 1GB to the system but these mentionings have me concerned if i have 512 instead.
Yep if the bios says it there, it is deffently there! do you have intergrated graphics by any chance?

scott R

Novice Member
Thanks for the fast replies sorry i couldnt get back as fast. No intergrated graphics and yes it is a cheap motherboard K8T Neo2-F V2.0 the whole system displays the ram correctly except Aida sandra and ive noticed (after remembering to check) that in System Information it doesnt show in Total physycal memory but does in Avaiiable physical memory. System properties task manager CCleaner the bios and pretty much everything else shows that its there and i am noticing a slight speeed increase so i think its just down to being crap cheap ram (micron on ebay)

overkill

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the fast replies sorry i couldnt get back as fast. No intergrated graphics and yes it is a cheap motherboard K8T Neo2-F V2.0 the whole system displays the ram correctly except Aida sandra and ive noticed (after remembering to check) that in System Information it doesnt show in Total physycal memory but does in Avaiiable physical memory. System properties task manager CCleaner the bios and pretty much everything else shows that its there and i am noticing a slight speeed increase so i think its just down to being crap cheap ram (micron on ebay)
If it's definitely micron, it isn't crap ram. That's what Crucial use.

mjn

Distinguished Member
Because 1gb memory is double sided, 512mb on each side.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom