Ram disk will not format.

paddy2

Standard Member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: I own a dmre50 recorder which will not format a ram disk,it has always been o/k untill recently,but will not now format a ram disk.It recognises the ram disk o/k whwn inserted,and will play back o/k.

paddy2 said:
:thumbsup: I own a dmre50 recorder which will not format a ram disk,it has always been o/k untill recently,but will not now format a ram disk.It recognises the ram disk o/k whwn inserted,and will play back o/k.

Why would you want to format a RAM disk. They are already formatted when you get them and you just delete recordings when they are finished with and it frees up space.
RosemaryP

Hi

They are already formatted when you get them and you just delete recordings when they are finished with and it frees up space.

Exactly under most circumstances you will need to, however if the DVD-RAM is dusty or dirty it can become "read-only", requiring cleaning and then formatting to restore it.

I own a dmre50 recorder which will not format a ram disk,it has always been o/k untill recently

It could be there are too many defect sectors on the disc, is the disc clean?

Regards

Phil

I had a faulty RAM disc that I could not format or unlock.
Don

Smoking or non-smoking, Most of the DMR-E50's that have turned up on the bench this week for the same fault you could smell what was wrong with them before the screws were removed, Nicotine settles on the lens & gives the same symptoms as a dirty disc, making DVD-RAM 'Locked'

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom