Ram Disc Problem

J

jfw08

Help required !,
After recording on my Pan E65 using a ram disc, i then place the disc in my pc & using TMPGEnc DVD Author convert to DVD-R via the LG-4120B + Roxio DVD copier. Now the problem is, when i put the ram disc back in the E65 i get the message, this is a non recordable disc, Please help.

Sound like the DVD-RAM drive in your PC is writing to the RAM disc. This has happened quite a lot on PC Toshiba drives.

The same thing happens with my E85 / 4120B combination.

I've order a new DVD-ROM drive (about £15) for my PC so that my discs aren't altered when transferring.

jfw08 said:
Thanks for your replys,
Which DVD rom have you gone for ?

I went for the LG 8163B as it was pretty cheap on ebuyer. :)

my dad had the same problem. I think he bought the LG and suffered with it so he bought the Pioneer 109 instead and it works great. It can read RAM but thats it it cant write onto it

Ok thanks guys,
Problem solved, i bought a new LG8163B dvd Rom drive for the pc, so now i put the ram disc in this drive to copy the files to disc via TPMG which works a dream & no way writes to the ram disc. I can now burn the DVD-R disc through the LG 4102B writer with no problems. I took the ram disc that would not work in my E65 to my local Panasonic shop & reformatted the disc in a E55 they had set up & yes they now work fine in my E65.
So the problem was from my PC or LG4102B which was locking the ram disc up for some reason.

Thanks again anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom