Raising Subwoofers off the floor?

Cocksure

Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone tried lifting there subwoofers 12/18/24 inches of the floor? Whilst doing some multi subwoofer placement research I came across the idea. There isn't much info on it other than it seems to be in the same camp as expensive cables vs regular ones.

Whilst I appreciate that the only way to truly know is to lift the sub up and run REW to measure, having already moved the subs a few times already, I'm not keen to go through it all again if it is just snake oil

I remember seeing an install in what I think was a restaurant, the installer had chained multiple B&W PV1d subs to the ceiling so they were having above head height.

Looked pretty cool to be fair

I’ve got a dual sub setup and I’ve just ordered a minidsp 2x4 hd, so out of curiosity I’m going to place one sub directly on top of another and will use REW to see if it does make any difference.

As I’m going to have to go through the setup and eq’ing anyhow now, taking one more measurement is little hassle

Hi
Has anyone tried lifting there subwoofers 12/18/24 inches of the floor? Whilst doing some multi subwoofer placement research I came across the idea. There isn't much info on it other than it seems to be in the same camp as expensive cables vs regular ones.
When people are usually designing a subwoofer isn't the general assumption that it will be on the floor? You can do what you want with it. You bought it. Hang it from the ceiling if you like but I think the assumption is a lot of them were thought to be going to be on the floor.

When people are usually designing a subwoofer isn't the general assumption that it will be on the floor? You can do what you want with it. You bought it. Hang it from the ceiling if you like but I think the assumption is a lot of them were thought to be going to be on the floor.
Came across this video in my placement searching. Just curious if the guy is talking **** or if there is something in it

And its bunk
Screenshot (13).png

Looks cool though :laugh:
IMG_0363.jpeg

I know the dust is bad :blush:

I’ve got a dual sub setup and I’ve just ordered a minidsp 2x4 hd, so out of curiosity I’m going to place one sub directly on top of another and will use REW to see if it does make any difference.

As I’m going to have to go through the setup and eq’ing anyhow now, taking one more measurement is little hassle
You will gain 6db from stacking

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom