Raising a projector screen to mounts

boksbox

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone any bright ideas of how to raise my electric screen up to its mounts (once I get them on the wall)..

I hadn't realised quite how unwieldly the 106" electric screen was until it was delivered, the obvious answer is to get help but as this make take some time I just wondered whether anyone had experience of using a hoist or other such Heath Robinson methods of raising a screen.

Warning this is not an advert for a Health and Safety Campaign.;)

1 Man
3 Chairs
1 120" Electric Screen.

Position a chair underneath the two mounts. Finger tight the bolts that hold the screen to the mounts with just enough clearance to get screen in still.

Put other chair in the middle.

Grab the screen in both hands. take steady steps to the middle chair. take a step up onto the chair and steady yourself.

Raise the screen up and into the mounts.

Now this is the good bit. Get one hand dead centre of the screen. Move one leg across to the chair on the right (or left) Move other hand over towards the mount bolt. Pray to god you are strong enough to hold the screen up and can move with the speed and agility of the flash.

finger tighten the bolt so it goes under the screen lip and holds the screen up on that side. move back to middle chair. go the opposite way and finger tighten the other bolt so it goes under the lip of the screen.

this should (mine did) take the weight of the full screen.

gingerly let go.

now move like the wind get the screwdrive and tighen each bolt up as tight as it will go on both sides.

:thumbsup:

I've done 8ft screens on my own, but nothing bigger. I've put up plenty of 9ft screens and wouldn't do it without help...

But if you have a go be sure to video it and post it here!! :thumbsup:

1 Man
3 Chairs
1 120" Electric Screen.

Position a chair underneath the two mounts. Finger tight the bolts that hold the screen to the mounts with just enough clearance to get screen in still.

Grab the screen in both hands. take steady steps to the middle chair. take a step up onto the chair and steady yourself.

Now this is the good bit. Get one hand dead centre of the screen. Move one leg across to the chair on the right (or left) Move other hand over towards the mount bolt. Pray to god you are strong enough to hold the screen up and can move with the speed and agility of the flash.

finger tighten the bolt so it goes under the screen lip and holds the screen up on that side. move back to middle chair. go the opposite way and finger tighten the other bolt so it goes under the lip of the screen.

gingerly let go.

now move like the wind get the screwdrive and tighen each bolt up as tight as it will go on both sides.

Thanks for you advice, maybe I'll get a man in..actually all I need is to raise it high enough once the brackets are in place as , in theory, it should be easy to hang as it's one of the eyeline types Eyeline Electric Screens

I'll have a couple of sessions down the gym first before I give it a try..

1 Man
3 Chairs
1 120" Electric Screen.

gingerly let go.

I gave up in the end after a few valiant attempts, I found I could lift the screen on my own but couldn't keep it steady enough to snap on to the mounts, when I got someone to help me it took about 30 secs to snap on..
think I may have shot myself in the foot though, I'm going to be about 6" throw distance short to fill the 106" with my new Sony HW10 but at least I'm back up and running now..thanks for the advice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom